• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More Hats at ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The hats were a joke as are our pay scales... good riddance.

Personaly I think we look more professional without them.

Prop Trash said:
Northwest pilots don't have to wear hats? I didn't know that. Aren't hats optional at Southwest, American, and Jet Blue?

First off I completely agree with Rez about this issue. I could not have said it better myself.

As for AA, they had a vote to lose the hats and won but the CP said,"Hell no."
I look at it this way, For those of you that feel the hat would serve a better purpose like cleaning your toilet I say this:

When you pursued a career as an airline pilot wasn't the hat a requirement? You knew that a hat was involved there somewhere right?

If you don't want to wear the hat then why don't you quit your job. There are thousands of airline pilots out there on the street that would love to be wearing that hat right now.

CRJDog said:
When you pursued a career as an airline pilot wasn't the hat a requirement? You knew that a hat was involved there somewhere right?

If you don't want to wear the hat then why don't you quit your job. There are thousands of airline pilots out there on the street that would love to be wearing that hat right now.
Fukc'n A

CRJDog said:
I look at it this way, For those of you that feel the hat would serve a better purpose like cleaning your toilet I say this:

You know we shouldn't of even brought this up cause for reasons unknown to me people get EMOTIONAL about the hat issue. All right I'll resign first thing on Monday morning and donate my hat to a local strip club. The hat is a requirement to the profession! Unfrickingbelieveable...

Hey,
From Websters:
Main Entry: 1pro·fes·sion·al
Pronunciation: pr&-'fesh-n&l, -'fe-sh&-n&l
Function: adjective
1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b : engaged in one of the learned professions c (1) : characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace
2 a : participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs <a professional golfer> b : having a particular profession as a permanent career <a professional soldier> c : engaged in by persons receiving financial return <professional football>
3 : following a line of conduct as though it were a profession <a professional patriot>
- pro·fes·sion·al·ly adverb
I tried reading between the lines but saw no reference to hats, the closest was "generally businesslike manner". I see more application to our condition as 2 sub, (a).
Whatever, you hat fans can keep them on when spanking the monkey, and watching in the mirror, probably the same ones who walk around the airport in uniform on their days off.
PBR

the only good thing about the hat is, keeps my head warm in the winter up north! guess i'll start wearing my bright orange and blue chicago bears stocking cap, with the puffy tassle on top again.

The only good thing about the hat is that it hides my headset hair. After six legs, I look like Alfalfa from "The Little Rascals." So in the spirit of looking professional, it looks like I'm going to have to keep wearing mine.

Latest resources

Back