No More Hats at ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBRstreetgang said:
"Do we need to wear hats to be professional? Probably not. However, we do need them to look professional in the eyes of the traveling public? What is our professional indicator and how will the public know? Are we professional if the public thinks we aren’t? We may just find out…"

"If you don't want to wear the hat then why don't you quit your job. There are thousands of airline pilots out there on the street that would love to be wearing that hat right now."
Well...
After looking at your avatar and discription, I can only conclude you are frustrated from the necessity of wearing a square full body condom while you are being punked by your boyfriend, whom is wearing the same. Hey why don't you put on your uniform(hat too) and go back to the airport on your days off, that way you will only have to buy uniforms, square full body condoms and a vat of KY.
PBR

Dude, when was the last time you were drug tested? Square full body condom?

Oh Oh Oh and.....got a better comeback?

Keep trying junior. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
CRJDog said:
Dude, when was the last time you were drug tested? Square full body condom?

Oh Oh Oh and.....got a better comeback?

Keep trying junior. :rolleyes:
Drug testing? Because I think your position and arguments are silly? Ok here come the crayons, pay close attention..... Nahhh you wont' get it. I will leave it with,
Have a nice day!
PBR

Someone please take a digital photo of the new wings and hat device! Havent seen them yet but have heard ALL kinds of bad junk.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Crews,

Do we need to wear hats to be professional? Probably not. However, we do need them to look professional in the eyes of the traveling public? What is our professional indicator and how will the public know? Are we professional if the public thinks we aren’t? We may just find out…

Let's debate baby!
[/font]

Dude, did you just arrive from the past? I'm 52, a frequent member of the traveling public, I wore hats for 20 years in the service, and I think you look silly in a hat.

As an airline pilot you are only outside for your preflight, where your hat is a FOD hazzard.

This is the 21st Century. Hats stopped being cool when JFK refused to wear them.

I flew from Maui to LAX on AA the other day, sitting near the front. Not only did not see hats on the pilots, the pilots didn't wear ties either. Somehow we made it safely.

If you want to have a "professional" image then work on customer service and forget about the hat.

JimNtexas said:
As an airline pilot you are only outside for your preflight, where your hat is a FOD hazzard.
I guess you don't know anything about the life of a regional pilot, especially the life of a 19-seat airplane driver.

But at least you aren't being condescending or anything. That's refreshing. :rolleyes:

The real reason all the kids don't like their hats is that the hat interferes with the ipod that they have plugged into the ICS.

your missing the point....

Fellas,

Whenever the hat issue comes up it quickly gets side tracked into ego mania. It's not about inflating ones ego.. It's about the preception of the public... The arguement for the hat is tha same as for a tie.....

Quote:

I hate paying good money for airline tickets.

The pilots look like slobs. Some wear hats, some don't, some just carry them. Loose ties, black sneakers with velco flaps, shirts that look like they have been worn for three days, chewed up hotel pens, faded cotton docker pants, Eddie Bauer thermal tech vests....

If these slobs dress like this I wonder how much they really care about safety.

How can I respect these clowns if they don't respect themselves.

Oh well, I'm probably the only one that thinks like this, but it is my money.....

I think I'll rent a car and take a nice road trip....

Hell Yes.... That is the point!

The WHOLE point of the hat is to look professional infront of the paying public. They are the ones paying to fly. I dont care if you FEEL professional enough without it. Joe Blow average american doesnt know that. It may give them a whole lot more faith in those flying the airplane if the pilots look neat and polished.

Stop bitching and wear the f'ing thing.....

PRIDE

There are some people in this industry (the minority) who have no pride in their job. Being an airline pilot used to carry a great deal of respect in the eyes of the public. This is most certainly not the case now, and I believe part of the reason is pukes like you who wont wear the Uniform with the respect it is due. Thousands of pilots for almost a hundred years have distinguished themselves from the general public by wearing some type of Uniform. Look that word up in a dictionary, read the meaning and then commit it to memory. It means you stand with your brother and sister pilots together as one. The bickering and infighting on this board shows why this profession is on the long downhill spiral it is. We lost sight of who and what we are.
Like any member of a team we should appear to the outside to be one, you dont see Tom Brady or Brett Farvre saying they dont want to wear socks, or wear a helmet which is a different colour from their teammates. The uniform is there to keep us together and equal in the eyes of the public.
I have heard passengers comment on pilots who do not wear their hats, in my opinion
HAT= Pilot, No HAT= flight attendant. thanx for the rant, Mung. (I wear my hat)

. This ain't the 1930's and we are not Clipper Captains. [/QUOTE said:
What do you want to bet that the Clipper Captains garnered a hell of a lot of respect back then in their full uniform, than you do now?
Good post above, Rez.

Latest resources

Back