• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more CHQ and GJs Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How could such an obvious bait such as that by guppy be taken seriously by any intelligen......

Oh, that explains it.

what a loser

E170Guppykiller said:
While many of you may not like our E170/190 rates, the 170 is a cool jet to fly and I'm sure the 190 will be just as cool or cooler to fly. While I'd love to make more money, the fact is that I'm content for the time being with our current rates as it's the most money I've ever made in my entire life.
Shoottaco offered me a class on that jet in March, there was no way I would fly that jet for that rate. I'd love to fly it its a cool machine but if I have to apply for food stamps. Instead I took a 135 job and am already a captain. While the pay still sucks its even more than I was making at Independence before the hammer fell.
Anyway I refused to be part of the race to the bottom. If more of you guys would say NO! then the management clowns in the puzzlepalace would have to change the compensation scales.

inthewind said:
If more of you guys would say NO! then the management clowns in the puzzlepalace would have to change the compensation scales.

So you are saying that once the more qualified pilots all said no, that they wouldn't find somebody else to do it? just playing devil's advocate, but your logic doesn't jive in today's conditions

Bizicmo said, "Then in a few years it will flip flop."

I respectfully disagree. Do you really think so? Management has mastered the whipsaw. People are willing every day to fly for less and less. (SJS kills)

What makes you think that in a few years you will have more bargaining power? Dont you think someone will start an airline and offer to fly the E190 for less than Chautauqua does?

This is a never-ending cycle. Pilot compensation is not being "realigned" -- airline management finally developed a tool to drive pilot payrates ever lower.

The only question is, how low can they go?

My guess? A return to PFT and $15000/yr for F/Os. Captains topping out at around $60000.

City bus drivers will make vastly more than professional airline pilots.... and they can even wear backpacks! ;)

I think the 170/190 will be a regional/LCC airplane if for no other reason than they already are. As soon as the first one went to a regional that pretty much assured the rest would follow, because if any regional or LCC is paying $70 an hour no Major is going to pay $120 an hour that would completely price them out of that segment of the market. You can also argue that the 170/190 fate had been sealed as soon as the CRJ 700 went to a regional, we look at how many seats our airplane has to determine what a fair rate is not if the airplane looks like a "real" airliner. Basically the difference in the the CRJ 700/900 and the EMB-170/190 is the same as the Beech 1900C vs 1900D provides a little more passenger comfort but basically carrys the same amount of passengers. It seems like the future for mainline flying is international, that is where mainline can actually charge a decent amount for a ticket. There is no LCC competition and passengers flying international dont expect a cheap ticket. I dont see 70 or 90 seaters on mainline any more than I would expect them to start flying 50 seaters, a legacy cant compete with an LCC using the same airplane. Good luck to us all.

E170Guppykiller=CareerExpectationKiller.

I doubt this poster is for real, but the sad fact is this "walmart" attitude exists. When people like this actualy grow-up, and move out of thier parent's basements, they realize playing airline pilot for sub-par wages isn't fun anymore.

KingKong2 said:
You are one pipey SOB!!! One day when mommy stops paying your bills, I can only hope you will get a clue.

Do you even have any idea what the Eagle guys are going though, or the Chicago Exps guys have gone through?

You can take your CFI and <1500hrs and shove it up your arss!!!

Mommy isn't paying my bills, but once again, thanks for playing. I make more than most 3 year FOs at most regionals, which is why I have declined a class date at TSA and others in the recent past. I know what the C8 and Eagle peeps have gone through, between having their company shut down and forever long upgrades due to flushbacks and corrupt management. THAT DOES NOT MAKE SCREWING YOUR FELLOW PILOTS EXCUSABLE!

For the record....Those CHQ 170-190 rates are a total BS. CHQ is doing more to hurt the industry than GJ ever did!

The CHQ rates are nothing to be proud of, but they are there until at least October 2007. If telling yourself CHQ is hurting the industry more than Blowjets helps you sleep at night, by all means keep it up.

Remington said:
BoilerUp, please quit making Purdue look bad.

Explain to me how anything I've said makes Purdue look bad. If you are affiliated with the university and have a problem, PM me and we'll talk, otherwise pound sand. I'm glad I can help educate my fellow young pilots about the threat companies like Blowjets creates to their future careers, as well as the ethical delimma of working for them. If that "makes Purdue look bad", so be it.

Last edited:
FlamingFUPA said:
So you are saying that once the more qualified pilots all said no, that they wouldn't find somebody else to do it? just playing devil's advocate, but your logic doesn't jive in today's conditions

If everyone said no, there would be no one to fly the airplanes. Management would have to pay a reasonable wage. We only have power in numbers, and when we stick together we have all the power. A single pilot has no power. That's collective bargaining 101. It works.

Latest resources

Back