No more CHQ and GJs Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E170Guppykiller said:
While many of you may not like our E170/190 rates, the 170 is a cool jet to fly and I'm sure the 190 will be just as cool or cooler to fly. While I'd love to make more money, the fact is that I'm content for the time being with our current rates as it's the most money I've ever made in my entire life.

Thanks to your avatar and your comments, I just puked my guts out. Put your fingers on your forehead with your thumb horizontal and your index finger vertical. That is you and all those like you. Grow up will you! This is a career and you're selling yourself short, selling major airline pilots out, and treating it like it's a summer vacation at Cancun.

The most you'll ever make as an FO at CHT or Mesa is $34 and $36 per hour. Maybe not you, but some of you will. Comparing JB's rates to CHT's is absurd, there is no comparison. JB's FO 190 rates start at $37, and sure CHT and Mesa pay CA more but you have to be there 12+ years to get to that point.

freemind270 said:
If CHQ starts flying 190's for 50 seat pay .

All CHQ pilots will join the ranks of snakes ( just like the GJ pilots) scabs and snakes are not allowed on my plane.

you have been warned

How many jumpseaters do you take on that C152

E170Guppykiller said:
While many of you may not like our E170/190 rates, the 170 is a cool jet to fly and I'm sure the 190 will be just as cool or cooler to fly. While I'd love to make more money, the fact is that I'm content for the time being with our current rates as it's the most money I've ever made in my entire life.

I wish you knew better. Your way of thinking is what is helping to kill our years and years of hard work on our contracts. That great money that you now speak of...How do you think it even got that high? From years and years of sacrifice from all the hard working pilots before us. Instead of keeping up with the hard line, your lazy ars way is to sit back and enjoy the fruits THAT YOU HAD NO HAND IN GROWING. This way of acting is the VIRUS that is spreading like cancer though our industry. I hope you and other uninformed others like you see this very quickly before you rot our years of hard work into nothing. This is the mentality of Freedom and Go Jet pilots. Management tactics that got around scope. I don't hold it against Mesa and TSA pilots, it wasn't their fault, but I would like to kill the pilots that work for Freedom and Go-Jet, I hope they ROT IN HELL.

E170Guppykiller said:
Wow..I wish this were flame bait, but something tells me he is serious. Very sad.

Guppy killer, I am sure hoping you are not a CHQ pilot. That is a disgraceful attitude. None of us at CHQ want to see the 190 here, and we all believe it belongs at Mainline. Want us to turn it down? It will just fall to Mesa. On behalf of all CHQ pilots, we apologize for Guppy Killer, he will grow up.

And by the way, it is true that Republicans tend to stomp out unions, but there are more important things on the table than my wage. Kerry...shudder...get me a blanket it all of a sudden got cold in here.

E170Guppykiller said:

In 2 sentences you just summed up why a once proud profession is now in the $hitter. Enjoy your "cool jet".

BTW, flying "Cool Jets" dont pay the bills.

Another pilot falls prey to the shiny jet syndrome.

Guppykiller,

are you a gulfstream grad? I am not trying trying to dog you, but i had a roommate that went to gulfstream and he had the same type of attitude. He only thought of how it was working out for him and neglected how it was affecting the industry as a whole. While its nice and fun to be flying around a cool jet, you have to understand that we should be paid according for our services. You and I may not have a family to feed but many others do. And its difficult to feed 4 mouths when you are grossly underpaid. The "Happy to be flying jets" attitude doesnt pay the rent or put food on the table.

KingKong2 said:
You are one pipey SOB!!! One day when mommy stops paying your bills, I can only hope you will get a clue.

Do you even have any idea what the Eagle guys are going though, or the Chicago Exps guys have gone through?

You can take your CFI and <1500hrs and shove it up your arss!!!

For the record....Those CHQ 170-190 rates are a total BS. CHQ is doing more to hurt the industry than GJ ever did!

Dan, everyone always knew you were a tool, stop sucking up to your fellow g0jet scumbags...they don't represent Eagle guys, Chicago exp, just like you don't represent real trans states pilots. Nice screen name considering you are 5' 5".

Last edited:
As previously stated by another CHQ/Shuttle/Republic Airways pilot, I would make an uneducated guess and say that the majority of the pilot here don't ever want to "steal" flying away from anyone, be it in form of a scope clause, a 190 or any other method.

If Guppykiller is a fellow Republic Airways pilot, he would be the equivalent of the brother-in-law that you just hopes doesn't say a word at the family picnic. While he is stuck in the family, 99.9% percent of the rest of us DO NOT support his statements.

As previously stated, when we had the previous contract negotiations, we had other really important issues in the forefront that the MAJORITY of us felt were more important than the 170/190 payscales, since we didn't even have those aircraft or even knew when or if we were to get them.

When Republic management was in the board room working out the contract deals with the Major airlines, I was a little surprised when they wouldn't even let me in the door. What it comes down to is that pilots are replaceable, be it at the regionals or the majors. Everyone wants to move up. They want the money and they'll do what it takes.

All things considered, capitalism is a crazy thing. Couple that with the airline industry and share holders that need another vacation home in the Alps...well, the labor group usually is the last voice they listen to.

Now that we have "paint and pavement", with signed scope clauses, the pilot union can go for much more compensation. Will we get it on the next contract...maybe...maybe not. But, we'll do our damned to get it.

I really don't know how I want to say anything else but ultimately what it comes down to is this...

DO NOT turn this into a jumpseat war. It has happened before and nobody wins. Face the facts, Republic Airways is getting the 170/190, regardless of what either pilot group wants. Both of our upper managements control that.

man...soap boxes do get annoying.

I just want to fly heavy metal, and if that means a 190 at CHQ then I'll do it. Seriously, it's a pretty cool airplane and I can't wait until we fly it.

Anyone hear about flying it for Delta? I heard this rumor but hope it is true, especially if we get a SLC base.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back