No more CHQ and GJs Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBRstreetgang said:
Why don't you quit your union and take a paycut you freaking fool, you think GwB and his lackeys are pro labor? Wake up and smell the dog poo on your shoe, the Dems may not be perfect but its the Republican party that has done all the slash and burn on your profession. Classic example of the stupidity of the "Party policy" follower mentality. You are a looser who can't even think for yourself, wadda tool.
PBR

Maybe you should learn to spell "loser" before you call someone one!

DrewBlows said:
If everyone said no, there would be no one to fly the airplanes. Management would have to pay a reasonable wage. We only have power in numbers, and when we stick together we have all the power. A single pilot has no power. That's collective bargaining 101. It works.

yeah good luck, re-read what i wrote. in today's conditions, it'll never happen. even if pilots grew the stones it wouldn't work.

E170Guppykiller said:
While many of you may not like our E170/190 rates, the 170 is a cool jet to fly and I'm sure the 190 will be just as cool or cooler to fly. While I'd love to make more money, the fact is that I'm content for the time being with our current rates as it's the most money I've ever made in my entire life.

this is the worst statement regarding aviation i have ever heard or read in my entire life. If this guy is a CHQ pilot im embarassed and ashamed to be working along with this guy. can someone please make him stop embarrasing us in front of everyone else. You are probably the biggest tool i have ever seen on here and im begging you to go stop.

DrewBlows said:
If everyone said no, there would be no one to fly the airplanes. Management would have to pay a reasonable wage. We only have power in numbers, and when we stick together we have all the power. A single pilot has no power. That's collective bargaining 101. It works.

I agree with you Drew. Thanks for backing me up. This whole whipsaw B/S is only going to stop when we raise the BS flag and refuse to work for these crappy pay rates. If ALPA would get off its collective ass and form a National Seniority list we wouldn't have to put up with this crap. Of course we all know that ALPA(esp. Mr Woerth) is in managements pockect so this will never happen. For now it's up to all of individually to grow the stones to: JUST SAY NO!

Last edited:
hey guys look i was just trying to warn the people here about flying the 90 seat jets for peanuts

and I dont know if people could read the " if " what i was trying to tell you was to stay strong so you can get the best rates so you can take care of your families the right way and not cave in and and agree for the "Peanuts for Big Jets" carrot that the management will dangle in front of you.

take care now

Hmm... is CHQ already offering to fly 190's for sub-50-seat pay?

3 year Comair crew (even with the pay freeze) will fly a 50-seater for
$64 + $38 for a total of $102.

3 year CHQ crew will fly a 90-seater for $68 + $33 = $101

5-year CMR CRJ crew: $68 + $41 = $109
5-year CHQ 190 crew: $73 + $34 = $107

10-year CMR CRJ crew: $79 + $45 = $124
10-year CHQ 190 crew: $85 + $34 = $119

15-year CMR CRJ crew: $92 + $45 = $137
15-year CHQ 190 crew: $98 + $34 = $132

CHQ has already agreed to fly the 190's for below 50-seat wages!

BenderGonzales said:
The only question is, how low can they go?

My guess? A return to PFT and $15000/yr for F/Os. Captains topping out at around $60000.

i have to disagree. More companies are paying for training and paying for hotel now. Even Pinnacle who used to not pay or house house you 3 months ago, not puts you up and get paid a couple hundred a week. I have also heard skywest might start paying in training because they cant get enough quaility applicants.

200 a week or fifty bucks a day at some airlines isnt great anyway you look at it, but its an improvement from what it was 10 years ago. you can expect things to change for the better overnite.

100LL... Again! said:
Time for a new J/S denial list!!!!!

Paging PCL-128---

Sorry, 100LL, but you're still not smart enough to figure this out. The original poster is way off in comparing CHQ to HoJets. CHQ is a union airline that is not undermining any pilot group's CBA. HoJets is a non-union alter-ego airline that was created for the precise purpose of busting TSA ALPA and circumventing the TSA scope clause that is quite clear in their CBA.

The CHQ payrates and contract cetainly leave much to be desired (all regional CBAs do), but the pilot group can cetainly not be blamed for that. As CHQ pilots have explained, their rates were negotiated under duress, much like the Mesa contract thanks to the Freedumb pilots. I seriously doubt that the 190 rates at CHQ would look like they do now if Republic was not a threat to their job security at the time.

In summary, CHQ pilots should be welcome on anyone's jumpseat. On the other hand, if anyone would like a copy of the HoJets list, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Latest resources

Back