No More ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of my additions:

SkyWest is planning to go AQP mid summer and be fully implemented by next year, it was mentioned on an earlier post that sim would be every 9 months, it will be 2 sim sessions every 12 months.

Our PBS system isn't real good, very hard to use, there has been words that we are looking at the system used at ASA (is it flightline?) and maybe get here at SkyWest, we have AOS.

I have been told by few in managment that SkyWest will have a record increase, and a record amount of flight hours, given to us by Delta for the months of June, July, and August. Mostly out of SLC. Followed by a record decrease and reduction in September. I was told that if the reduction is as severe as projected that it will be highly likely that furloughs will occur.

I have also been told that SkyWest isn't really worried about unions any more, I don't think they would really throw a lot at our next negotiations to thwart another union drive.

I would fully support organizing our pilot groups together, but not under the ALPO banner.

Ok, attack at will........

Non-rev somewhere tropical, grab a margarita, head to the beach, lay down and relax. With what's about to happen, the only remote chance of furlough for ASA or SKW in the next decade is Nostradamus 2012, in which everyone on the planet gets furloughed if thats true:D

Non-rev somewhere tropical, grab a margarita, head to the beach, lay down and relax. With what's about to happen, the only remote chance of furlough for ASA or SKW in the next decade is Nostradamus 2012, in which everyone on the planet gets furloughed if thats true:D

777forever, you seem awfully optimistic. I hope your sources aren't the captains you fly with. My guess is May 21st, the big announcement will be the rebranding at best.

Also, I should mention that everyone is going apesh## over this new "vision for our future." A vision is a "goal". When someone says "I have a vision of a great company," that means they have an ideal view of where they want the company to be. I think people are completely misinterpreting the memo and making are setting themselves up for some real disappointment.

Last edited:
I'm with 777. Don't worry about thinks out of your control. Grab that drink, and come up with a "plan-B" if it makes you feel better.

777forever, you seem awfully optimistic. I hope your sources aren't the captains you fly with. My guess is May 21st, the big announcement will be the rebranding at best.

Also, I should mention that everyone is going apesh## over this new "vision for our future." A vision is a "goal". When someone says "I have a vision of a great company," that means they have an ideal view of where they want the company to be. I think people are completely misinterpreting the memo and making are setting themselves up for some real disappointment.

I'll tell ya one tidbit. We aren't rebranding so everyone in our backyard here in ATL will start calling us 'Atlantic Southeast.' ATLiens will still know us as ole ASA. Atlantic Southeast will be the brand we bring to new markets at don't know ASA.

I'll tell ya one tidbit. We aren't rebranding so everyone in our backyard here in ATL will start calling us 'Atlantic Southeast.' ATLiens will still know us as ole ASA. Atlantic Southeast will be the brand we bring to new markets at don't know ASA.

Are we talking 2 years from now.

PLEASE

I think I speak for many on this board who are tired of all the "I could tell ya but I'd have to kill you" bucket stirrers.

Either tell what you know or STFU. I'm not impressed with your "tidbits".

Did you sign some form of confidentiality agreement?
Did you promise your imbedded "source" you wouldn't tell? JUST SAY SO!! But please stop coming on these boards with cryptic "I know more than you, guess what it is" posts

PLEASE

I think I speak for many on this board who are tired of all the "I could tell ya but I'd have to kill you" bucket stirrers.

Did you promise your imbedded "source" you wouldn't tell? JUST SAY SO!! But please stop coming on these boards with cryptic "I know more than you, guess what it is" posts

You obviously dont know what I know......:D

PLEASE

And that made my night.. Thank you.

Was not there supposed to be an annoucement about Atlantic Southeast Airways buying Compass or Comair or Mesa this or last week? Come on guys, you're slippin. We can all do better with rumors at flightinfo. Who's got the deets?

The "big announcement" BH has alluded to is later this month... whether it's merely us slapping new wings on our jackets or whether other carriers will, too, remains to be seen..

Latest resources

Back