• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Mins at Pinnacle or Eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry. Hiring mins haven't gotten as low as then can get yet. Next step is for airlines to hire 0 time non-pilots and train them ab initio.

Hoover,

Funny that you mention that. Before I left my last regional, a friend of mine told me that the CP told her in recurrent that they were heading to High Schools to start looking for future Ab Initio candidates (no joke)....

I guess if they could convince them to go to college, get a degree THEN get them to sign a training contract for several years, they figure that the program will be successful. The CP in mention said they are TRYING to be proactive about a pilot shortage they project in 1-2 years.

You may have been joking when you posted this but it looks as if you aren't the only one thinking of it as well.

:)

As you may already know, that scenario happens in other countries around the world. Unfortunately, it's not much of a stretch to imagine it happening here.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A program designed to take low hour pilots to the right seat for Mesa Air Group.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To Qualify you must have: [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]250 Total Flight Hours[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minimum of an Associates Degree[/FONT] (must be completed/not in process)​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acceptable Driving Record [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]First Class Medical[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ful[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]fill Option A or B[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Option A - Instrument, Commercial-Multi-Engine Land[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Option B - Instrument, Commercial-Single Engine Land[/FONT]​

Latest resources

Back