• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Mins at Pinnacle or Eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "ipod using, spiky hair having, Doc Marten wearing, backpack toting regional FO" cliche has been beat to DEATH to the point it is old and busted.

Please find a new cliche.

Thank you.

Yeah, it is getting just a bit gay.

you seemed to fit that cliche when you threw bags in LAF

Except I wasn't an FO in anything in LAF except for maybe a Piper Warrior.

And my hair was short because of ROTC.

And I didn't own an Apple product until late 2005.

But other than that, I sure did!:p Who dis be?

I've never seen an FO walk through a terminal with earbuds in. I have seen many pilots (regional through widebody, FOs & CAs) with those stupid Bluetooth headsets on, however.

I've only seen one FO walk through the terminal with Oakleys on with spiky, frosted tip hair. It was a Skywest FO in Denver. I have noticed more than a few regional pilots using "product", but once again, both FOs and CAs.

I've seen more CAPTAINS with backpacks at my airline than I've seen FOs...by a wide margin.

(you guys don't visit www.fark.com much, do you?)

I've never seen an FO walk through a terminal with earbuds in.

I have. On a BUF overnight at my last job, I came downstairs to see the FO I was flying with eating breakfast with his iPod blaring (surrounding tables could hear it), and his sunglasses on. At 5:45am. Inside a hotel. Then we get to boarding the flight. I finish the paperwork and look out, and while standing at the bottom of the airstairs where he's supposed to be, he's talking on his cellphone while waving "hi" to the passengers boarding.

I started an engine to end the phone call, and we had a long chat about professionalism and "things you don't do in a pilot uniform" on the flight out. To say I was pissed off would put it mildly.

(Any C5 pilots will probably know instantly who I'm talking about. If not, think Mexican food.)

(you guys don't visit www.fark.com much, do you?)
Hahaha... I love Fark. "Here comes the science..." :D

The younger generation is clueless........

Sad...but true!!

i rarely post on flightinfo, i usually just sit back, read and laugh! But i must add that this young regional cliche is getting old. Despite the validity of the cliche. Some people style their hair a certain way. Yeah as long as it meets the "dress code" who cares. And who doesnt like to listen to music, people keeping bashing people just cause they are listening to some music while walking around the terminal. Me personally, I listen to my ipod while walking around the terminal to keep myself from laughing at the gate agents making boarding announcements in some wierd form of aranglish, portuglish or what have you. So to all of you who believe every pilot should look, think alike, and fit a certain mold. All your doing is taking away everyones individuality and making us more of a robot, monkey suit wearing, button pushing, bus driver. Insert the word fachist here. Like pilots were supposed to be bred in a factory, where they come out with a goofy news anchor traditional hair cut, disgruntled look, airforce flight kit sticker, and a union pin sticking up their ass. Yeah I understand how older pilots bash younger people, and its a social norm that has been going on since the beginning of time. Generation gaps can not understand one another. I dont think having your hair cut a certain way, or listening to an ipod is a lack of professionalism. Stereotyping and "clicheing" (not a real word) one another is unprofessional. Cant we all just get along and respect each others diversity.

Latest resources

Back