• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you ever had a jumpseater that wasn't falling all over himself being polite and accomodating? They want to get to work. They want to get home. Really, who is this guy talking about?
[/i]

Are you kidding? These jumpseaters are all over the place. Just do a search of this board and you'll find all kinds of posts about rude and disrespectful jumpseaters. I've seen plenty of them, although the majority of jumpseaters are polite and respectful.

I'm a Teamster does that mean I'm not welcome on a ALPA jumpseat? I don't give a sh!t who you are, Ive welcomed all on my JS. I drive to work but know in my past and maybe the future I will depend on the JS.

Have you ever stood in the jetway wondering if you will get on after watching 3 planes leave full? Has the Captain had to change the fuel burn, load or alternate to get you on?

I have been on both sides an am happy to to say that if that numbers work you are on regardless of union position, sex, race or religion.

I'm a Teamster does that mean I'm not welcome on a ALPA jumpseat? I don't give a sh!t who you are, Ive welcomed all on my JS. I drive to work but know in my past and maybe the future I will depend on the JS.

Have you ever stood in the jetway wondering if you will get on after watching 3 planes leave full? Has the Captain had to change the fuel burn, load or alternate to get you on?

I have been on both sides an am happy to to say that if that numbers work you are on regardless of union position, sex, race or religion.

I'm just reiterating what ALPA Jumpseat Policy says. Nothing more and nothing less.

Take off the gloves, let's have an all out jumpseat battle!

And if you get left behind because of some percieved union position, call the Captain in for being impaired. Tell the FAA the plane was broken, report the fuel was above required!

I give it a month and jumpseating will be history.
Many will be penalized for this but a few of you will be so proud!

And if you get left behind because of some percieved union position, call the Captain in for being impaired. Tell the FAA the plane was broken, report the fuel was above required!

I'd love to see somebody actually try this. Jumpseating wouldn't cease to exist, but said jumpseater's career would.

I'd love to see somebody actually try this. Jumpseating wouldn't cease to exist, but said jumpseater's career would.

I can see it happening once, some transcon heavy goes back to the gate for a piss test, and I think it's all over.

The left behind jumpseater says, "well he seemed a little odd, I thought he had been drinking, sorry".

What does he have to lose?

I can see it happening once, some transcon heavy goes back to the gate for a piss test, and I think it's all over.

You're ignoring the fact that many airlines already have jumpseat access guaranteed in their contracts. Let's say that your scenario happens on an NWA flight. Some pissed off NWA Captain denies a jumpseater, and said whiny crybaby jumpseater alleges that the Captain was drunk, requiring the plane to return to the gate for a drug test. What can NWA do? Absolutely nothing. The NWA MEC has negotiated jumpseating into their agreement, along with Captain's authority over it. No matter how many little piss-ant jumpseaters cause problems, the company can't take away jumpseating. You see, that's one of those fancy union things that you anti-union guys at Skywest wouldn't know about.

Right up until the FAA gets tired of it and it dies.

Do you think this is really going to make things better?

And I do remember how Delta wouldn't allow Actual jumpseaters, for years, but we let them on anyway.

Last edited:
Right up until the FAA gets tired of it and it dies.
The FAA has nothing to do with it. Besides, we both know it's never going to happen. None of these anti-union weenies have the balls to actually pull something like this. If the dirty SCABs that have been denied jumpseats for decades haven't done it, then neither will the next group that's denied jumpseats. They know that they'll face far greater scrutiny for pulling this stunt than the Captain will. Personally, I would have loved for some jumpseater to pull it on me when I was a Captain. I'd have taken him to civil court for defamation of character, due to the whole event probably winding up on the news with my name and picture for the world to see with some headline like "drunk Captain required to return to gate." That lawsuit would be easy money.
Do you think this is really going to make things better?
No, I think having all air line pilots under the ALPA banner will make things better. I think pilots getting informed and taking an active roll in their careers and their profession will make things better. I think pilots getting over the crew-room anti-union bullsh&^ talk will make things better. In the mean time, I see no reason for anti-union pilots to receive benefits that were obtained and retained by union pilots who have actually done something to contribute to the overall profession.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back