• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No IFR allowed?

siucavflight said:
I do hope that you are joking? What better way is there to get your private pilot their three hours of IFR time than taking them into the clouds?

I agree...and I find the opposite. Usually once their hours are up I get "I can see now why the instrument rating is so important".

-mini

Don't listen to this Buffet idiot! He instructed a WHOLE 7 hours in an aircraft at DCA. He spent 8 hours teaching in the sim. This is the voice of experience?
He doesn't have a clue wtf he's talking about. Plain and simple.

I like pie

me too.. You guys should see the half dozen emails I receive EVERYDAY from this character. HE really needs to seek some professional help. I have become a TARGET for this no neck character that represents everything he hates about DCA.:rolleyes:

siucavflight said:
I do hope that you are joking? What better way is there to get your private pilot their three hours of IFR time than taking them into the clouds?
People think that taking a private student will teach them it's okay to venture into clouds. Nothing could be further from the truth. You take a student into a HOT florida mid afternoon cumulous could and they will probably never want to return! That is, after they see what their lunch looks like!;):laugh: They usually gain a new respect for instrument flying.

About this IFR cross country thing, I had a commercial student go to marathon on their solo. He landed and waited around for the clouds to clear and called me. The weather wasn't going to get better. So I told him if he felt comfortable, file and fly the thing home. He got about 2.5 hrs actual and shot an ILS down to 400ft. GOOD ON HIM. (AND HE WAS SOLO!!!!) He only had his instrument ticket for about 2 weeks. I took him thru instrument and commercial. I was very proud of him seeing he respected what he learned in instrument and felt wise enough to make sound decisions.

(Dave, if you read this, I was on the porch smoking that night waiting for you to fly over the house!) Nice job bud!:beer:

You just keep getting better and better. I have NEVER failed ANY STANDZ RIDE! Remember, I wasn't the loser that was asked to leave! Just so you can see this.

Scott, YOU WERE GOING TO GET FIRED! REMEMBER?

So you think a number is a number? Your a fricken ZERO in my book. So you care to DENY the fact you only instructed for 7 hours in a DCA aircraft? You say you have 7thousand hours right? Ha!!!! might wanna try dropping a ZERO off the end of that. I choose to smoke, BFDeal. My choice, I don't criticize your love of little boys.:puke:

Here's a thought butternuts, STAY ON TOPIC! This thread is about IFR, not my car, not the fact you sucked as an instructor and couldn't hack it and not the fact I SMOKE!
You are a TROLL!!!

I contributed plenty to this thread. This ********************ing troll insists on trashing anything I say due to the fact I work for DCA. ScrewHIM.

Latest resources

Back