• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The first deal Had ATL fenced for 10 years, IMHO it would have passed (SWA BOD 19-0 vote) on both sides...SWAPA has no problem with fences...this group are sheep and will do whatever the Co. wants, not even sure why we have a "union"??? Maybe the AAI guys and the merger in General will put a little backbone in the group...

Madjack...don't count on it....too many Pilots at Airtran don't know what the term "collective voice" means they're too busy protecting their "rice bowl"...oh but they'll complain mind you,but that's about it

Absolutely not. Majority rules in a union. The majority have full control over what jets get paid what. The fact the company would love cheaper widebody rates, would simply make it easy.

Look, it's not happening, but don't say it can't, reference the USair pilots issues. :)

Like I said, I hope everyone in SWAPA believes as you do. I'll end up a very rich man, and SWAPA will end up very bankrupt.

Glad to hear it!

Can we make you a "We Are SWAPA" avatar to replace your current one when that day comes? :)

Bubba

No thanks. I'll pay, but I'll bitch about it constantly. :)

Demonstrating scab mentality? That's a new one.

So you're saying the Usair East West thing is all scab mentality actions?

I never said we would fly your struck work. Nice straw man attack though.

Look, I'm not the one threatening to force a fence, you threw that gauntlet down, I'm just telling you we have the votes to decide what the airframes get paid, choose wisely. A fence longer than a few years would not be in anyone's best interest, so get over it.

Like I said, none of this is going to happen, SWA is too gun shy right now.

You don't get it, but yes what your proposing is just as detrimental to the profession as broken strikes are. Odd you would use USAPA to justify your position??? I threw it out there in response to a SWA pilot talking about buying Hawaiian, BTW. So I didn't start it. It is in fact what should happen and probably would. The fact that you have a problem with it would indicate you somehow think if SWA bought HA that SWA pilots that would want to move to Hawaii should be free to just displace Hawaiian pilots. You would be in for a rude awakening.
Again, Bubba, this is what I mean that there is a SWAPA mentality that is more about themselves then the profession as a whole, whereas ALPA has at least contributed to the profession as a whole, SWAPA, not so much.

Last edited:
And Score, you are right, I don't think it's going to happen anymore than you, but this all started when Wave actually thought it could. I enjoy debates when I have an strong advantage!:beer:

No problem, just adding a counterpoint showing that when you push folks into a corner, they can do some interesting stuff, and not at all what was expected.:)

No problem, just adding a counterpoint showing that when you push folks into a corner, they can do some interesting stuff, and not at all what was expected.:)

Good point. Kinda like a petulant child that burns down the house when he's refused an ice cream cone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back