• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You won't get as good a deal as air tran Dan.

;)

Tic!

You know you just explained to all of us that the sky's blue and water's wet, right?
We all know your end game on this- scared to death of "Hawaiian, operated by...."

What's weird is you think posting on FI makes a bit of difference to what will go down if that happens. :)
Peace on my man, we're all along for the ride.

Now now boys, name calling just means you don't have a good response......anyway, Wave, I'm not even remotely concerned about HA getting bought. We simply have a business plan that doesn't compliment any mainland airline. Anyone who bought us would be paying for a route system and image that doesn't work should we be merged into anyone. Although if SWA totally lost the plot and thought a relatively small AirBus hub in the middle of the Pacific was a good idea, you never answered my question awhile ago. ( I enjoyed our debate by the way, especially since I felt I won hands down!:)!) the question is this, it WOULD go to arbitration, we would also love Gary's little operate separately threat, as that would suit us, but obviously we have the career expectations of all the Transpac and inter -island flying.....How would you feel when all the SWA pilots got fenced out of all the Hawaii flying? Obviously the widebodies would be all crewed by HA pilots. We also are committed to 18 A321 NEO's for thinner west coast routes, so an arbitrator would most likely give all that to us for a few years.

Last edited:
Careful about gloating about widebody fenced off flying. The majority just might vote the pay for widebody to something below 737. Just saying, not that any of these talks mean a hill of beans.

Careful about gloating about widebody fenced off flying. The majority just might vote the pay for widebody to something below 737. Just saying, not that any of these talks mean a hill of beans.

Which, of course, would be a DFR violation, since it would fall under the categories of discriminatory and bad faith behavior.

Lying, threatening, and stealing, all part of the "cult"ure.

What do you care about widebody? Your career expectation was to fly a 73 all over TX and occasionally out into other parts of the lower 48. Given the opportunity to fly one thanks to a merger, if you didn't get it, you'd threaten the other pilot group with lowering their pay?? Nice.

Scoreboard, I'm a little shocked you actually are demonstrating scab mentality??? I suppose if HA pilots were on strike and you wanted their flying you would do that too. What you said is the same premise, just in a more passive aggressive cloak.

Bubba, see why I'm a little leery of the SWAPA "culture" being a little overly self serving and less about the profession as a whole.

Funny, that's just like you SWA guys.

If it ain't SWA or SWAPA, it's crap. Which couldn't be farther from the truth....

I agree with you Jim. One of the things that drives them absolutely "NUTS" is when you state you wouldn't want their job. It drives them bonkers. But, they may start to agree with you during their upcoming negotiations. Of course, I only wish them the best.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree with you Jim. One of the things that drives them absolutely "NUTS" is when you state you wouldn't want their job. It drives them bonkers. But, they may start to agree with you during their upcoming negotiations. Of course, I only wish them the best.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

One of our new hires was offered a Southwest class prior to starting indoc and said thanks, but no thanks. What a complete 180 from 10 years ago.

One of our new hires was offered a Southwest class prior to starting indoc and said thanks, but no thanks. What a complete 180 from 10 years ago.
I have a friend that started at United about 8 months ago. He had offers for both United and SWA.

I can't believe you'd come out with a gem like that. After having a ringside seat for the last 2 years I can see it having a fair bit of support over there.

Latest resources

Back