• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, the point is he has gotten involved and contributed. My biggest gripe is with the pilots that sit on the sidelines and throw stones but never volunteer for anything. We have a few at HA and I'm sure you do too. Those are the folks that hinder progress as much as anyone. It has nothing to do with how much experience or time as an airline pilot they have. Everything to do with dealing with the yahoo's that do nothing but point figures and complain. They are usually out to lunch with their perspective, contribute nothing and use up an inordinate amount of the reps time.
For that reason I err on giving any pilot that contributes their time the benefit of the doubt over the haters.

Well, the point is he has gotten involved and contributed. My biggest gripe is with the pilots that sit on the sidelines and throw stones but never volunteer for anything. We have a few at HA and I'm sure you do too. Those are the folks that hinder progress as much as anyone. It has nothing to do with how much experience or time as an airline pilot they have. Everything to do with dealing with the yahoo's that do nothing but point figures and complain. They are usually out to lunch with their perspective, contribute nothing and use up an inordinate amount of the reps time.
For that reason I err on giving any pilot that contributes their time the benefit of the doubt over the haters.

That's a good point; I'm sure nobody would ever see PCL as a hater, right? <sarcasm, in case you missed it>. PCL, due to his short and inflammatory experience at AirTran and at ALPA, combined with the results obtained, is clearly the biggest Southwest and SWAPA hater on this board. Without question. If you don't know this, you obviously haven't been reading his posts. Yet you continue to always believe every "fact" he posts, even if hearsay, and continue to align yourself with his clearly-biased slant. Why is that, Dan?

Bubba

I think he hates what happened to AirTran is all. I can't fault that. If an airline bought HA and handled it the way SWA did with AirTran I would be a major hater. Which is one of the reasons I think you think I'm a SWA hater. I Just have taken the side of the smaller airline getting bought perspective. You get ONE guess why!

Did I not tell you I've volunteered for alpa before?
I have many times. Not as a rep, and certainly not as an exec, but I've put in my time, for free.
I view it as a responsibility, and will volunteer for Swapa at some point in my 20+ years to go.

I have a business and want to be anonymous here. So I don't provide more details.

Again, I'm sure any c grade hacker could find out the identity of any of us, but I'm just here for cathartic purposes and to work out ideas freely when I'm not even sure how I think and feel about something- and sometimes just for boredom. But I don't tell exactly bc I've had a unique career. 6 airlines is true though, yet you take a pft, then pinnacle, then air tran pilot over an ex legacy volunteer, a regional volunteer after said legacy furloughed then voted to outsource more while pilots were on furlough- and current Swapa member?
Why?
Because he advocates your own view?

Now I know my opinion differs from yours, but you have never been Swapa. I've been alpa twice and did step up. I am much more comfortable with Swapa.

Please tell me again how PCL is so objective

I won't tell you my opinion is objective. It isn't. It's clear to everyone here that I didn't appreciate my brothers voting me and my generation off the island through the power of alpa. Swapa's position and strength on that subject surely sways my opinion. But I don't come in half cocked with an uninformed view or experience.

My argument would be that if you can't see PCL's clear bias, how can you see your own? I hardly believe that any of us who've made this a career has a pure objective view on almost anything that affects our career.

"Any pilot...." Except wave....ok

That post is well said, - from experience: ^^^^ see bolded- you just don't live up to it when it's inconvenient.

Well, here I have to disagree with you. PCL has been an actual "airline pilot" (major) only since 2007. His total ALPA experience has been since ALPA replaced their in-house union during their last contract negotiations. Depending on who you believe he is, he actually is ALPA, so he is not in a good position to make this call. His actual job is to be a cheerleader for ALPA; how can you possibly think him objective on the matter? Let me ask you this, Dan: would you think a senior officer in SWAPA would be the best or most objective opinion on whether SWAPA does a better job? I suspect not. Yet you lavish this same label on an ALPA insider, and a literal newbie airline pilot at that. Personally, I would think that pilots who have worked under multiple unions, including decades under ALPA (including several airlines' locals), probably have a better, if not less personally subjective, opinion on the matter.

And by the way, you should stop taking PCL's biased talking points as gospel. You know?

Bubba

I'm pretty sure PCL was involved with alpa at pinnacle. He could tell you, but I absolutely do not discount the work union members at regional airlines do. Like the flying they do, that experience is probably twice as taxing as major work- often inundated with grievances that the company waits out, and pilot turnover and ambition weakens the resolve through a desire to keep our nose clean and move on and short time disease. It is tough work.

I think he hates what happened to AirTran is all. I can't fault that. If an airline bought HA and handled it the way SWA did with AirTran I would be a major hater. Which is one of the reasons I think you think I'm a SWA hater. I Just have taken the side of the smaller airline getting bought perspective. You get ONE guess why!

You won't get as good a deal as air tran Dan.

;)

Tic!

You know you just explained to all of us that the sky's blue and water's wet, right?
We all know your end game on this- scared to death of "Hawaiian, operated by...."

What's weird is you think posting on FI makes a bit of difference to what will go down if that happens. :)
Peace on my man, we're all along for the ride.

Last edited:
Well, here I have to disagree with you. PCL has been an actual "airline pilot" (major) only since 2007. His total ALPA experience has been since ALPA replaced their in-house union during their last contract negotiations. Depending on who you believe he is, he actually is ALPA, so he is not in a good position to make this call. His actual job is to be a cheerleader for ALPA; how can you possibly think him objective on the matter? Let me ask you this, Dan: would you think a senior officer in SWAPA would be the best or most objective opinion on whether SWAPA does a better job? I suspect not. Yet you lavish this same label on an ALPA insider, and a literal newbie airline pilot at that. Personally, I would think that pilots who have worked under multiple unions, including decades under ALPA (including several airlines' locals), probably have a better, if not less personally subjective, opinion on the matter.

So many factual errors in my background, not even worth going through them all.

There's a couple factual errors, but you're still a young newbie with a pro alpa agenda.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about your lack of knowledge and experience.

Latest resources

Back