• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Furloughs at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was one point that I always had trouble explaining to my Flex peers, without a union, there is no furlough.

So, can those guys and gals that are already laid off be called back? What did the company tell them?

I'll always send in my card and push for some form of representation at Flex. Even though management seems to be fairly straight forward with us. Its not a hit against the company. I just prefer a collective pilot voice.

It got brought home to me just last week. I was talking to one of our senior pilots at my reserve gig. He has worked in all facets of aviation including two majors. He said this to me,"As bad and corrupt and self serving as unions can be, there are nowhere near as self serving as management. So the idea is to have a union that works WITH management and vice versa."

In the end, hopefully all those laid off employees will be back soon. Good luck.

The people who I usually get my financial advice from are all over the board. And these folks are a lot smarter than I am... so I am remaining cautiously confused. We have been busy though, and that can't be bad.

No furloughs at Flex??? How bout the 25 out on the street - or were they forgotten February 2nd?

Wow, someone with a brain on this thread. I was thinking the same thing.

Let's do some work and get these laid off workers on a furlough list instead of a recall list. The time for the next Union drive is ..... yesterday.

In house Union is fine (that will quiet down all the teamsters haters). Let's get a legal, represented voice. Its the only kind of job protection you will ever have in this industry.

You typed that wrong I hope "back to MORE furloughs or NOT talk"

Or I took it wrong way (ie you want to see more furloughs???)

No MORE furloughs at flex is great news, and hopefully not just wishful thinking. At least it's the first posotive rumor being spread around here for sometime. A recall of all the laid-off folks would be even better. Hireing a hundred more pilots in addition to a re-call would really top it all of, followed closely by a union with a "no furlough clause" regardless of "Force Majeur". Keep your fingers crossed on this one,I hope it holds true...

Call him/her out!

" As the rumor starter(there was just one person in this case it appeared to always go back to when you asked where the rumors were coming from) said the bads news would be issued on friday...

Let's call this person out by name. He/She is doing Flexjet no good and needs to be stopped.

I know some dude at PBI that started a nasty rumor about Flex parking 30 airplanes and it sprayed like fire among the pilots specially the junior guys! Stuff like this should not even be mentioned as a joke, if you don't have something really strong to back it up, all you doing is giving people gastritis or ulcers on the road when you think about when will be turn to be leave.

Latest resources

Back