Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flex-ible

JAFO
Despite all the rumors to the contrary, I have heard of no furloughs at Flexjet today. I had heard several rumors that anywhere from 20 to 60 were planned. The newest rumor (probably started by the same people who started the false furough rumor) is that the furloughs were planned, but cancelled because we got busy.

What a bunch of horse-hockey that just keeps our junior FO's nervous. Wouldn't it be nice if people pledged only to talk about what they really KNOW.

Oh, and it has been busy all week.......

You're right... Flex doesn't furlough because that is what's done when you have a union in place. Flex lays-off or terminates employment (nit picking... I know).

Now I keep hearing that the lay-offs are going to happen during the typically slow time this summer. Hopefully I'm wrong and you are correct however I remain cautiously pessimistic.;)

BTW... personally I have been very busy and tomorrow is no exception.

Despite all the rumors to the contrary, I have heard of no furloughs at Flexjet today. I had heard several rumors that anywhere from 20 to 60 were planned. The newest rumor (probably started by the same people who started the false furough rumor) is that the furloughs were planned, but cancelled because we got busy.

What a bunch of horse-hockey that just keeps our junior FO's nervous. Wouldn't it be nice if people pledged only to talk about what they really KNOW.

Oh, and it has been busy all week.......

Well since there are some people here at Flex that love the tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable arround here and knowing that the only thing that this do is lower the moral among the junior guys, Can you let us know how did you come up with this one? Where did you hear about it?

At least you are saying something positive, but just give it a couple post down from this one and you'll see the bad apples will show up!

You're right... Flex doesn't furlough because that is what's done when you have a union in place. Flex lays-off or terminates employment (nit picking... I know).

Now I keep hearing that the lay-offs are going to happen during the typically slow time this summer. Hopefully I'm wrong and you are correct however I remain cautiously pessimistic.;)

BTW... personally I have been very busy and tomorrow is no exception.

Here we go!

No furloughs at Flex??? How bout the 25 out on the street - or were they forgotten February 2nd?

"No furloughs at Flex??? ", it should be read as no FURTHER furloughs at flex. As the rumor starter(there was just one person in this case it appeared to always go back to when you asked where the rumors were coming from) said the bads news would be issued on friday... and depending on who passed on the rumor it was between 20-50 pilots and/or/maybe a fleet reduction down to 70 planes......frankly I think there would be some official warning like last time if it was to happen again.

frankly I think there would be some official warning like last time if it was to happen again.

Now that is cautiously optomistic.

Latest resources

Back