No comment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, no comment huh?

So then why did you repeat another posting of this article?

You stay classy PBR......

No comment? Really? If someone dropped the ball, I have a feeling they will find out what happened. Here is what was stated in the article about the ramifications:

Michael R. Thomas of Delta’s corporate communications office in Atlanta offered this emailed statement regarding Knighton’s letter:

“The story in no way reflects either Delta’s standard operating procedure or the very high regard we hold for our nation’s service members. We are sorry for the difficulties that transpired and are investigating this event to determine the appropriate next steps.”

Asked to list possible next steps–reprimands, fines, suspension, termination–or estimate how long the probe might last, Thomas sent a second email: “As previously stated, we are actively looking into the incident and have no additional details to share at this time.”

On many flights I have flown, I have heard the FAs give PAs looking for military people to give upgrades to if there are open seats. As far as trading seats, I don't know if that is allowed, or what the procedure is from Coach to First. Do you do that at the gate? Do you do that enroute? Come on PBR, tell me how you would do that?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Boarding someone in an aisle chair is supposed to happen during the pre-boarding process. Something obviously prevented this. But if it's "humiliating" for this Marine, why wouldn't it be humiliating for any other disabled person?

What did the 104 degree fever have to do with anything?

Boarding someone in an aisle chair is supposed to happen during the pre-boarding process. Something obviously prevented this. But if it's "humiliating" for this Marine, why wouldn't it be humiliating for any other disabled person?

It would be just as humiliating I'm sure. However, in this day where airlines (and other businesses) are making a point of crowing about "taking special care" of veterans (especially wounded ones) who gave to their country, it's in direct contradiction to that. That's why it was brought up.

What did the 104 degree fever have to do with anything?

Probably nothing to the actions in the incident, other than weaking and stressing the veteran to the point of tears.

Anyway, having said that, one action by one crew doesn't define any company or any airline. Or even necessarily that particular crew, since we don't know all the details. The facts is, most companies and people DO try to take better care of veterans. I've heard numerous airlines, including Delta, offer to board servicemen and women first, offer upgrades, etc. We as a society are doing a much better job of this than we did in previous generations. While there may be something to this particular incident that needs to be addressed, Delta as a whole has nothing to be ashamed about.

Bubba

P.S. Please nobody tell Gen'l Lee that I stuck up for Delta, okay?

Anyway, having said that, one action by one crew doesn't define any company or any airline.

Sadly, it does. One incident like this offsets ten-million acts of kindness.

I'm guessing this is not the first incident for this crewmember - just the first one to make the news.

Well said Bubba. I would think most airlines try to show respect to our Military personnel, and I always thank them for their service. Hopefully situations like the one above don't happen too often.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just saw about 40 rampers standing around a Delta jet in Atlanta an hour ago paying respects to a fallen warrior being offloaded on the ramp.

It was nice to see that today. Good show.

Just saw about 40 rampers standing around a Delta jet in Atlanta an hour ago paying respects to a fallen warrior being offloaded on the ramp.

It was nice to see that today. Good show.

Today especially... that whole business in CT really got to me.

WTG DL Ramp.

this is disgraceful.... but I can't just lay blame on Delta here, this is endemic in our industry... the level of service is at such a low that I expect better service at a DMV than when I travel in the back of a passenger plane on the vast majority of carriers.

I blame the over unionization of FAs, "Customer Service" Agents, and other personell who are employed by the airlines to deal with the public, and instead of putting on the best possible face for our employers, so many of them disregard the most basic needs of a person, such as their basic human dignity.

Latest resources

Back