• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No arbitration in SWA and F9 deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA can buy F9 and do what it wants to do with the airline. They cannot keep the airline because of the contract with SWAPA. That means if they buy them and there is no agreement then it will be taken apart piece by piece just like ATA. F9 people will be out of luck. If F9 agrees to SWAPA's terms then they will at least have a job because it will still be dismantled.

F9 has 3 choices : The first one is to go with SWA and be thrilled or go with Republic and take a chance. The third choice is to wind up with SWA buying them and they are out in the street with a chance to interview.

The clock is ticking and time is runing out. Take it while you can.

SWA can buy F9 and do what it wants to do with the airline. /QUOTE]

Sure they can do that with the airline, just not the employees. New Federal law prevents it. If SWA buys F9 there will be a fair and equitable integration, either negotiated or arbitrated.

Not sure why SWAPA is against fair and equitable treatment of the F9 pilots, they'll all eventually be SWA pilots. The best course forward for SWAPA is to treat them fairly from the start.

Last edited:
SWA can buy F9 and do what it wants to do with the airline. /QUOTE]

Sure they can do that with the airline, just not the employees. New Federal law prevents it. If SWA buys F9 there will be a fair and equitable integration, either negotiated or arbitrated.

Not sure why SWAPA is against fair and equitable treatment of the F9 pilots, they'll all eventually be SWA pilots. The best course forwardfor SWAPA is to treat them fairly from the start.

I think the federal law says that if multiple carriers join together to operate as one AND AND AND they buy or acquire more than 50% of their assests. Swa can buy and operrate as seperate carriers just like F9 does now with Lynx. The only thing that stops SWA from doing that is their contract. So, SWA would have to dismantel F9.

F9 does not derserve to jump over any SWA pilot. They are lucky to be offered a job. Let me say, I am not a pilot with SWA. I could only wish I had the same chance as F9 will have.

If they had to do anything other than staple would not LYNX be intitled to the same thing?

1853133 said:
I think the federal law says that if multiple carriers join together to operate as one AND AND AND they buy or acquire more than 50% of their assests. Swa can buy and operrate as seperate carriers just like F9 does now with Lynx. The only thing that stops SWA from doing that is their contract. So, SWA would have to dismantel F9.

IAW the FAPA PWA Southwest would be obligated to merge the pilot groups, it also appears that the SWA PWA would also require it.

A-M LPPs will ultimately govern the seniority integration with the goal of a fair and equitable integrated seniority list.

Has SWAPA spooled up its merger committee, if not they are already behind. Things will happen quick.

Heyas,

I would listen to FDJ on these matters...he's had recent experience with all of them.

UNLESS SWAPA can legally kill any deal, then I'd say if F9 is bought, this has an excellent chance of going to arbitration if a negotiated deal doesn't happen.

If it's SUCH a good deal, SWA would be obliged to follow through, with, or without pilot approval. It sounds like F9 really rocks in the market they're in, and is a real impediment to SWA in DEN.

We've all heard "oh, we won't follow through if the pilot's aren't on board" crap before. A few weeks later it's "It's too good a deal to let go....you guys work something out, but we're going ahead anyway".

IF I were at F9, I wouldn't be bullied. I'd hold out for a fair integration, or tell them to pound sand, and continue having better loads, better fare premiums and more market share in a market SWA deperately wants to dominate, but can't. The law is on their side.

Nu

Heyas,

I would listen to FDJ on these matters...he's had recent experience with all of them.

UNLESS SWAPA can legally kill any deal, then I'd say if F9 is bought, this has an excellent chance of going to arbitration if a negotiated deal doesn't happen.

If it's SUCH a good deal, SWA would be obliged to follow through, with, or without pilot approval. It sounds like F9 really rocks in the market they're in, and is a real impediment to SWA in DEN.

We've all heard "oh, we won't follow through if the pilot's aren't on board" crap before. A few weeks later it's "It's too good a deal to let go....you guys work something out, but we're going ahead anyway".

IF I were at F9, I wouldn't be bullied. I'd hold out for a fair integration, or tell them to pound sand, and continue having better loads, better fare premiums and more market share in a market SWA deperately wants to dominate, but can't. The law is on their side.

Nu

Since you think they should fight this thing I guess they should listen to you. I assume you know what you are talking about. I think I need to change my mind and go along with you. F9 should fight it and demand to be treated better. After all they are only in Chapter 11 and they made money for a few quarters. Gived me a break. They are either going to be stapled or go with republic. Then when it is all over they can go back to you and complain.

Heyas,

Nu

Come back when it is over and then tell the F9 pilots they should have accepted the offer.

Latest resources

Back