No arbitration in SWA and F9 deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2,

Thanks for the F9 info. With reports like that, they must have a ton of offers to get out of Ch 11. You should be a Ch 11 expert, being a Delta guy and all.

Decisions...no. This decision...it would seem so. For what it's worth, SWAPA and FAPA have already had post announcement meetings and SWAPA officials seem to be happy with where FAPA is coming from. They have been in communication about this very thing for over a year.

All of you who keep talking baout voting on what SWAPA comes up with for an integration do realize that a deal MUST be reached by the 10th right? It's now the 5th...do you have anything to vote on yet? I would bet that your management WILL go through with a purchase if they want to no matter what the pilot group thinks or says, since there are only 5 days remaining before the auction takes place.

Also, how many of you know what the RAH plan is for F9? Why do you think a SWA deal may be better than the RAH deal? I have heard what is planned for the company should RAH win...fences, planes, staffing, etc...not sure if i can exactly share them, but they sound a little better than the "hired as needed" plan that SWA has put forth so far. That could change though in the next few days, so we will have to see.

Also, like has been said, the employees at F9 do not get a very big say in which deal gets taken. We can agree to everything you SWA pilots want, and you still may lose the auction because of the Unsecured Creditors Committee and the judge. Again! RAH holds the largest say outside the judge as to which bid gets accpeted since they are number one on the UCC. We'll have to wait until the 11th to see, so really, right now bickering over seniority is pretty moot.

All of you who keep talking baout voting on what SWAPA comes up with for an integration do realize that a deal MUST be reached by the 10th right? It's now the 5th...do you have anything to vote on yet? I would bet that your management WILL go through with a purchase if they want to no matter what the pilot group thinks or says, since there are only 5 days remaining before the auction takes place.

Also, how many of you know what the RAH plan is for F9? Why do you think a SWA deal may be better than the RAH deal? I have heard what is planned for the company should RAH win...fences, planes, staffing, etc...not sure if i can exactly share them, but they sound a little better than the "hired as needed" plan that SWA has put forth so far. That could change though in the next few days, so we will have to see.

Also, like has been said, the employees at F9 do not get a very big say in which deal gets taken. We can agree to everything you SWA pilots want, and you still may lose the auction because of the Unsecured Creditors Committee and the judge. Again! RAH holds the largest say outside the judge as to which bid gets accpeted since they are number one on the UCC. We'll have to wait until the 11th to see, so really, right now bickering over seniority is pretty moot.

First of all if SWA wins do you really need to decide which company would be better for you. Being at the bottom with the pay and benefits would be the best choice. If SWA wins and you don't like the deal SWAPA offered, don't take it.

All of you who keep talking baout voting on what SWAPA comes up with for an integration do realize that a deal MUST be reached by the 10th right?

RAH holds the largest say outside the judge as to which bid gets accpeted since they are number one on the UCC.

Both incorrect

SWA will structure their bid such that the deal will not close unless and until labor agreements are reached. The deal is not likely to close until the end of the year. The auction will end on the 17th and then SWAPA and FAPA will have at least 30-45 days to come to an agreement. What they agree to will depend heavily on the details of how the purchase is structured.

RAH will not have a vote because they are a bidder and are legally obligated to recuse themselves from the decision.

I may be no legal scholar, but I can only assume that since RAH is on the board of creditors, they must recuse themselves from the proceedings.

I have little doubt that SWAPA wants to staple F9 pilots, but I also have little doubt that at the end of the day SWAPA will have little say in the acquisition and if F9 is acquired that the Bond-McCaskill bill will mandate A-M LPPs.

UOTE]
I beg to differ as the man said a couple of postings ago

"Swapa will have a legally binding way to stop the deal. The binding offer will have a contengency requiring a labor agreement between the pilot groups prior to closing of the transaction.

That is how the Swapa president can say with all certainty that this will not go to arbitration. We either come to agreement or the deal is off"

You may be right about having to integrate them but what's to stop them from furloughing them later on? Isn't that what's being proposed at big D if not enough folks take the early out? You can't honestly believeyou folks are going to keep all the Delta and NWA's boys and girls are you with all your capacity reductions and "synergy" effects?

Remember this company ain't run like yours. The puzzle palace folks actually give a rats behind about their employees and it's culture. It might suprise you but they actually do listen to their front line employees.....How novel.

regards

Last edited:
As far as the hire as needed thing goes... I'd rather be hired as needed given WN's past hiring numbers, no furloughs & performance... than be at RAH. So you sit on the street for a while getting uneployment and enjoying your family or you get your EMT, volunteer @ the fire dept. We all know that you should have at least 1 year salary in the bank for situations like this... Right? In the long run it would behove the F9'ers. IMFOpinion

First of all if SWA wins do you really need to decide which company would be better for you. Being at the bottom with the pay and benefits would be the best choice. If SWA wins and you don't like the deal SWAPA offered, don't take it.

Ummmmm...if SWA wins, do i really have any choice whatsoever as to which company would be "better"?:cool:

Both incorrect

SWA will structure their bid such that the deal will not close unless and until labor agreements are reached. The deal is not likely to close until the end of the year. The auction will end on the 17th and then SWAPA and FAPA will have at least 30-45 days to come to an agreement. What they agree to will depend heavily on the details of how the purchase is structured.

RAH will not have a vote because they are a bidder and are legally obligated to recuse themselves from the decision.

Part one...ok, i understand the idea.

Part two...I guess that would make the pilots the next highest voice on the UCC.

Latest resources

Back