Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

no 4 year degree.....deal breaker or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"v"

Hi folks,

I dont have a 4 year degree and im wondering if that would be a deal breaker? I have the equivalent of a 2 year degree in aviation.

I tick the boxes of most airlines except the ones that ask for. Is it an important thing? Is it for insurance? What is the purpose of this requirement? Opinions?

Cheers,

V

Hi folks,

I dont have a 4 year degree and im wondering if that would be a deal breaker? I have the equivalent of a 2 year degree in aviation.

I tick the boxes of most airlines except the ones that ask for. Is it an important thing? Is it for insurance? What is the purpose of this requirement? Opinions?

Cheers,

V

Not a deal breaker, I don't think insurance cares. At my regional I'd guess slightly over half have a 4yr degree. It becomes more important if you want to move to a major carrier IMO.

I have one and I make 22K a year looking at a layoff in a non flying aviation job. What good has it done for me?

Mandatory at Delta.

It also helps if you want to get out of aviation. They'll be plenty of anecdotal information to the contrary over the next 16 pages -- but do you really want to be part of the segment of the workforce without a bachelor's? Right or wrong, fair or not, it's a strike against you.

Yip will chime in shortly.

If you're aspiring to fly for the rgionals, save your money. They dont care!

if you have a lot of spare time... pick up some Latin!

Hi folks,

What exactly is an equivalent of a 2 year degree in aviation? Did you sleep on couches at a terminals? Or did you practice applying for food stamps? Or did you take a 2 hour class on CRM at a local CC?

Latest resources

Back