• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB to ASA: keep negotiating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So much of these negotiations seem personal. The MEC seems more interested in fighting management and pointing fingers than coming to an equitable solution. I, for one think it is fair to receive a bonus to enhance my income. Just sit down and agree to one. We are demanding it be based on the profits of Skywest Airlines as well as our ASA side. Why is that? Skywest pilots do not receive their bonus plan based on ASA's profits. Just their side. Lets compromise on that....and it's done! One less thing. Agree to Skywest rates plus 1%, and if the raise theirs over the life of the contract, we match it......voila! Two done. What else? Retro. Well, we just gave in on a couple issues, so now the company can give in a little here and raise their offer. 3 down. See how it works. We stay competetive. Get the contract over. Get some new planes, maybe a new code share and enjoy our bigger paychecks and QOL improvements we all have screamed for for so long.

Can't we be reasonable?

Because the union spent the last three years raising everyone's expectations out of the stratosphere.

Now, they can't back down or they'll lose face.

This current MEC can't get it done. It's time to replace them. They gambled our careers, certain they would get a release, and lost... AGAIN. They just don't get it.

This current MEC can't get it done. It's time to replace them. They gambled our careers, certain they would get a release, and lost... AGAIN. They just don't get it.

Do you have any valid replacements to offer? Telling people to remove their leadership without having experienced replacements is suicide.

If nothing else, the current MEC just hasn't achieved results. This alone is reason to replace them. It's nothing personal, but a change at the helm might be healthy for everyone.

Do you have any valid replacements to offer? Telling people to remove their leadership without having experienced replacements is suicide.

Suicide? That's a bit dramatic, don't you think. Experience isn't always helpful, remember your CRM classes? Get some new blood in the mix, and perhaps some of the old ALPA/managment grudges might ease a bit.

IMHO.

Either way, the ASA pilot deserve a good contract.

MYOB, PCL, you don't even work here. The ASA pilots know who their choices are.

So now what? Here, let me lay it out for you.

The union will spin this that we're SO CLOSE NOW and we'll get released this time FOR SURE. Then they'll go negotiate, make minor improvements, and we'll be right back where we are now in October. Then the cycle repeats.

I know the MEC is reading this. Y'all have had your last chance. Settle the contract this month, or we'll find someone who will.

If "all the money on the table can't buy scope", then the best scope we can get is to be competetive. Take SKW plus cola and settle.

It's over boys. Time to stop chasing windmills.

In my experience, if the company is being unreasonable, then the mediator leans towards release, but if labor's demads are out of whack, then they tend to keep you tied up.

Just an observation.

In my experience, if the company is being unreasonable, then the mediator leans towards release, but if labor's demads are out of whack, then they tend to keep you tied up.

Just an observation.

Your absolutely correct SSDD, but that falls on deaf ears with the hardliners.... they don't want to believe it....

If the NMB thought we were the ones being reasonable, then we would already have our release...

Has anyone on here actually gone on the website and looked at the current proposal from the CNC? Middle of the road at best on the 200/ATR, less than Express jet, just slightly above Chatauqua, who by the way is going to start negotiations soon. The 700 rates are the second highest, for now as I said you have alot of groups starting negotiations, however that is still only a 3% increase over current book. The main issues holding us up are scope and back pay. Personally, the current proposal rates are already to low for me, I will not sign without scope, and I doubt it will happen but I want 100% retro. Now if that is to much for you turncoats to stomach then why aren't you trying to find another job. And if you are trying to find another job then stop trying to sabotage this current negotiations. Joe I know you are a lifer, no need to respond.

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.... if this is too little for you chest -thumping alpaistas, then why don't YOU find another job.... I'm not holding a gun to your head to stay, so don't try and take me down because you are pi$$ed about way things are going....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back