• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Find a corporate job. Work at NJI and you will be the lowest paid Gulfstream pilot in the U.S. just like at NJA.

Propjob,

I have a friend I flew with at NJA that went over last fall. He was retired airline, over sixty, and had zero time in the Gs. He did have some inside help though, but he got on.

I bumped into him this winter and he said he loved it. Comparing NJA/NJI he said the biggest thing is they just plain treat you like a human. Flying the line and the ins and outs were basically the same, but the treatment from above was much better.

Incidentally, he was really pushing me to try and get on with his former airline! So take that for what it is worth!

Get the resume` in though. I have two friends there and they seem to love it, NJA/NJI bickering on this board aside!

Here goes nothin...

I've been reading this board for some time now (quite amusing actually) and have resisted the urge to post my two cents. But I have to jump in here to answer the question that started this thread.

Propjob27, when NJI started 10 years ago, every person hired was G-IV typed and experienced because Gulfstream demanded that if their name was on the door (Gulfstream Shares) with Executive Jet, that was the price. As time went by, you could get hired with experience in any Gulfstream if not the IV. If you were from a flight department that fractionalized to EJI, you would get an interview and most likely hired regardless of the equipment listed on your ATP. As more time went by, military and airline people were hired especially if they had a connection within the company. Bottom line for interview today (NJI expects to hire 6 per month for the rest of '05): recommendations from within get the best look, Gulfstream time helps a lot, but the overall experience level and quality of person gets the job.

As for the other issues floating around the board, most of us at NJI hope NJA reaches a fair contract soon without either side resorting to a "nuclear" option. That said, single carrier will only happen if negotiated into the new CBA (doubtful), pay is below NBAA average until hard time off is considered (I've been part 91 Corporate my whole career and have never seen or heard of a schedule like this before), and the vast majority of pilots and F/A's at NJI are great people who work hard, try to enjoy their trips, and then go home.

If I were you, I would apply asap.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm all ready to fax/email my cover letter and resume the 1st business day after the holliday. Unfortunately, the only friends I have in the fractional world are at NJA, and not NJI, but nevertheless I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Some Dude said:
Find a corporate job. Work at NJI and you will be the lowest paid Gulfstream pilot in the U.S. just like at NJA.

G-VFlyer posted (and believe me, HE KNOWS) that NJI guys were paid something like 70% NBAA. To explain it to you, that means they are not the lowest paid by a large margin... The NJA guys were the ones that went to work to be the lowest paid pilots in the U.S., not the NJI guys. :rolleyes:

The NJA guys were the ones that went to work to be the lowest paid pilots in the U.S., not the NJI guys.

Let me put this in perspective.

Getting out of the service and looking for an aviation job. Low time FWinger and not competitive for the majors. Targeted Regionals and Frax. Some like helo time, some don't.

Was hired at a couple of commuters, but was holding out for Reg or Frx. Just could not do 18k yr. Was called by NJA and told to reasonably expect 40-41k first year (which I made). Plus they gave me 1.2 mil conversion factor, so I looked better on paper.

So, I or others did not go to work to be the lowest paid in the industry. Just look at the numbers. We are fighting for hopefully some of the best pay and benefits. That remains to be seen.

Hogprint said:
Let me put this in perspective.

Getting out of the service and looking for an aviation job. Low time FWinger and not competitive for the majors. Targeted Regionals and Frax. Some like helo time, some don't.

Was hired at a couple of commuters, but was holding out for Reg or Frx. Just could not do 18k yr. Was called by NJA and told to reasonably expect 40-41k first year (which I made). Plus they gave me 1.2 mil conversion factor, so I looked better on paper.

So, I or others did not go to work to be the lowest paid in the industry. Just look at the numbers. We are fighting for hopefully some of the best pay and benefits. That remains to be seen.

So what then is the 27K we all hear so much about ??? You don't make it seam all that bad, if that's the case Netjetwife shouldn't qualify for reduced price lunches. I guess you tell a different story than Some Dude, Netjetswife, and others.

Not being Military, maybe you can tell me what a "Hogprint" is...

Some Dude said:

I dunno...

When I look at the Pro Pilot Salary Survey it looks like the senior Gulfstream captains at NJI are making about $10k more than the average NBAA G550 captain while I'm making about fifteen grand less than the average NBAA Citation X captain...

Go figure.

NJAFracPilot said:
I dunno...

When I look at the Pro Pilot Salary Survey it looks like the senior Gulfstream captains at NJI are making about $10k more than the average NBAA G550 captain while I'm making about fifteen grand less than the average NBAA Citation X captain...

Go figure.

Watch out, now that you've disagreed with him he's going to insult you.

So what then is the 27K we all hear so much about ???

That is very real. If you don't get on by pass pay early or get overtime or extendo days, then you could easily be close to that figure. At the time I was getting lots of OT and some extendo days. That was five yrs ago. Now, not as many upgrades and bids coming out. Not to mention that year and a half hiring freeze.

Only two ways to find out what a hogprint is...

Go to your local recruiter and raise your right hand...

Find me on the road and after proper libation you will be INITIATED! :)

ps
after being initiated and you prove worthy...you might get to SHOOT THE BOOT!

AIR CAV!!!

Latest resources

Back