• Friendliest aviation community on the web

propjob27

I have people skills!
I saw this on the website:
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
5000 hours total pilot time
500 Gulfstream hours
Crewmembers must live in the Continental US and within 1 hour of an airport with scheduled airline service

Is this set in stone? Specifically, the 500 Gulfsteam hours. As a furloughed airline guy, I meet all the other mins, but I have 0 time in a Gulfsteam, or any other biz jet for that matter. I have international time all over the world, but it's in a 757, not Gulfsteam.

Any suggestions? Is it even worth typing the cover letter and applying?

Thanks

PS. Please dont turn this into a NJI /NJA sucks / NJI will end up at the bottom of the senority list at NJA thread, etc. I just want to know if they hire people without the Gulfsteam time.

If you can give a good reach around to the Chief Pilot you would have a good chance at getting hired. Serioulsly, I wouldn't go there unless you want to cross a picket line later.

Some Dude said:
If you can give a good reach around to the Chief Pilot you would have a good chance at getting hired. Serioulsly, I wouldn't go there unless you want to cross a picket line later.
B.S.

cheers

Some Dude said:

Since you don't work for NJI, why would you think that anyone would care what you think. ??? ... :confused:

H25b dang every post you make you show how stupid you are when it comes to NJA. NJI is part of NJA. One day you will learn. Now go back to watching Sponge Bob.

Some Dude said:
H25b dang every post you make you show how stupid you are when it comes to NJA. NJI is part of NJA. One day you will learn. Now go back to watching Sponge Bob.

Oh yeah, your union says they are the same company so it must be true ..

NJA is hiring anyone with a pulse while NJI requires 5000 TT and 500 Gulfstream. Sounds like they're the same company to me. :confused: I guess this is a continuation of your single carrier lawsuit arguement.

Last edited:
From everything I have seen NJI has been able to get plenty of Gulfstream guys to come to work for them.Probably because there are lots of gulfstram guys looking for work. But you know how it goes...as soon as pilots are scarce, the Gulfstream requirment would be dropped and soon they would be hiring CFI's.

I dont work for NJA/NJI, but for a competitor, I have had friends who have gone to NJI. One had a type and one didn't, nor had ever set foot in a GIV. He had simular quals. as you. Good luck. I would think that NJI would be the premier fractional to work for.

The reason they don't have a problem finding pilots is that it's hard to find a Gulfstream position that pays market value with a set schedule. Pilots for that type of position are NEVER scarce.

If NJI went under bankruptcy or even went out of business would NJA file bankruptcy or close there doors. I am not trying to pick a fight I just want to understand the difference here. I take it the company is owned by the same person, but under completly different names.

propjob27 said:
I saw this on the website:
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
5000 hours total pilot time
500 Gulfstream hours
Crewmembers must live in the Continental US and within 1 hour of an airport with scheduled airline service

Is this set in stone? Specifically, the 500 Gulfsteam hours. As a furloughed airline guy, I meet all the other mins, but I have 0 time in a Gulfsteam, or any other biz jet for that matter. I have international time all over the world, but it's in a 757, not Gulfsteam.

Any suggestions? Is it even worth typing the cover letter and applying?

Thanks

PS. Please dont turn this into a NJI /NJA sucks / NJI will end up at the bottom of the senority list at NJA thread, etc. I just want to know if they hire people without the Gulfsteam time.

Had a friend who had a walk in interview at NJI just last week. The folks he spoke to were very polite and seemed interested in his qualifications (no coprporate DNA in his background), even though he did not have any Gulfstream time. They bascially said that at this time at least they are able to attract enough qualified Gulfstream pilots to fill their needs, but that could change and they encouraged him to stay in touch over the next year or so.
He was fairly impressed withthose that he met and intends to follow through.
Before we start making this guy out as a potential SCAB, please don't simply because he would not go that route.

Latest resources

Back