• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI heading to the Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still dont get all the hostility. I've met some nice guys at NJI and some real pricks and I'm sure NJA has some of both as well. But in this reality of things if it does transpire as "rumored" no one gets thrown under any bus. We all do the same thing isn't it time to recognize this?

Translation:

We failed to obtain the scope clause language which would have forced Management to merge the two operations and thus would have given the IBT authority to integrate or staple NJI pilots to the NJA seniority list.

NJI will remain a separate company and will continue to operate as it does now. As positions open with NJI, a number of NJA pilots (who and how many yet to be disclosed) will be allowed to transfer to NJI and work as “non-union” employees. These pilots will be treated as any other new hire.

I can’t believe the ink isn’t even dry, and your already threatening another lawsuit in 3 years. Pathetic to say the lest.

I think your post falls under wishful thinking at this point. If this TA passes, it is the beginning of the end of NJI. It's a long-term process, so you got a few years still. If it was a flow through program or a transfer, then why would the pilots that get the positions still be on the NJA seniority list? Why is there now an NJA pay scale for the G-WIZ? Now anytime an NJA pilot is on a G-WIZ, the NJA pilot work rules and contract will apply.

As far as a pathetic lawsuit: It's not a lawsuit. It's a petition to the NMB for single-carrier status, which basically means we want the government to rule the only reason for NJI's existence is to avoid a union. Hard to fight that since it's the EXACT DEFENSE NJA mmgt used several years ago when an NJI flight attendant filed a lawsuit using a defense that NJI and NJA were separate companies. It's in the public record. NJA's defense was that NJI and NJA WERE THE SAME COMPANY. I'm curious to hear what defense you would use to show that NJI and NJA are in fact two distinctly separate companies doing separate work. I'd bet money on your last tour you flew at least one pax leg that was a client whose share or Marquis card was in an NJA aircraft.

WOW! The seat grab worked. How will the lists be merged? DOH or staple?
I appologize for doubting.

Well, the NJI guys have three years to build time...TC

AA717driver said:

Again, the precedent has already been set at Netjets Europe (NJE) where everything is flown on the same seniority list from the Citation Bravo to the GV.

AA717driver said:

As I understand it, the list will NOT be merged. 1/3 of Cpts and FOs hired into NJI airplanes MUST be from the NJA seniority list.

Last edited:
Ok, where on the NJI list do the 1 for 3 NJA captains go? Do NJI people not bid for schedules or vacation? A minor point but I'm trying to salvage some moral outrage... ;) TC

From most NJA pilots I have talked to it was never about a seat grab - it was about making a certain individual keep his word. As I have said before it makes me tired just to look at a G Whiz - I was just weary of being played off against NJI - and I do not mean the pilots - a good lot used as shills from the ones I have met.

AA717driver said:
Ok, where on the NJI list do the 1 for 3 NJA captains go? Do NJI people not bid for schedules or vacation? A minor point but I'm trying to salvage some moral outrage... ;) TC

No, NJI people don't bid for anything.

Frankly, I don't see where even if NJI were unionized, we'd be getting screwed. I mean, if we're all gonna be one big happy family, I hardly think the "A" guys wouldn't want the best for a Gulfstream operation they'll eventually be a part of. I'll be a G Captain long before those three years; now you're telling me I'll someday get to fly the BBJ? Or I'll make more money flying a smaller jet than I would as a G Captain? Cool! Screw me over, please!

Or, the reality of it!

wolfpackpilot said:
Translation:

We failed to obtain the scope clause language which would have forced Management to merge the two operations and thus would have given the IBT authority to integrate or staple NJI pilots to the NJA seniority list. I rarely post, but time for the facts, and yes, I know them. The choice is simple, stay in negotiations over this issue and continue to draw blood from NJA. NJA (Santulli) decided he didn't have the stomach for it. Offered a 50% pay increase for half the pilots here and many other benefits, yet we still said "not good enough"! Then when it looked like a bad holiday season, NJI was offered up. Not all at once, but in a three year transition to NJA. The term "merger" used by this poster may have been correct, and would require the very same negotiations on integration as will Single Carrier determination, no difference, except one. The pilots at NJA here now will be able to continue bidding the current Captain positions, and FOs at NJA will be able to bid for our open Captain bids for the next three years. And those more senior FOs that wat to, can bid NJI positions.

NJI will remain a separate company and will continue to operate as it does now. With a clock on the wall counting down, yes, with "modifications."As positions open with NJI, a number of NJA pilots (who and how many yet to be disclosed) One out of two FO positions, one out of three Captain, thats right, direct movement to NJI Captain positions will be allowed to transfer to NJI and work as “non-union” employees. Wrong again, all NJA pilots will remain as UNION pilots, continue to accrue seniority, continue to have contract protections and grievance protections from, what do you call it "Goals versus REQUIRED" and will maintain a seniority based on their NJA hire date over NJI hire date seniority. What that means is that all Captains that take NJI Captain positions will very likely have more seniority than any NJI pilot (about 250 pilots at NJA with more seniority than the senior most NJI Captain!)These pilots will be treated as any other new hire. Other than being the SENIOR pilot in the Cockpit.

I can’t believe the ink isn’t even dry, and your already threatening another lawsuit in 3 years. Pathetic to say the lest. Actually, the Company has given it's blessing in this regard, and have "thrown in the towel" by allowing Union pilots flying the aircraft. The 3 year "threat" ia actually a Union/Company agreed to date of filing, not a "threat." A Single Carrier Petition with just one, much less dozens of UNION pilots working in the Non-Union, much smaller operation basically calls for a Summary Judgement in favor of the petitioner by the NMB. And yes, the Company is fully aware of this, just looking for a slower integration to the final days.

And just what bus did I get tossed under? I haven’t had one negative thing happen to me that I can see, and you didn’t get the Gulfstreams handed to you as you wanted, and I’m not getting forced into the IBT. Not for three more years, you are correct!

And now you know!

Latest resources

Back