Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this an example?

ghostrider64 said:
Hopefully the NJI guys will treat the NJA guys with professional respect as the work force is blended.

I believe an NJA pilot has already set the precident for how they feel relations should stand between NJA and NJI pilots.

In his own words on 9/23/2005:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel
Keep dreaming. It will be done. Just do all of us a favor. When you are over here and are someone's FO, just do your job and get the papers, ice, coffee, catering and clearance and let us know when it's done.

Repeat after me.....STAPLE, STAPLE, STAPLE

BBJ guy

Actually you are incorrect on being forced into the union. For arguments sake, let’s say in three years NJI operations are dissolved into NJA. Unless I am completely laid off from my employer and given a written notice of such; I cannot be forced to join or pay any dues or fees associated with Union membership in the event my company is sold, traded (whatever) to a unionized work force. Federal Law protects employees (the term is grandfathered) who did not vote for union representation at the time the union was ushered in or when a non union work forced is merged with a union workforce.

Now if my employment is terminated, and I get a letter saying I can apply to ‘x’ company, then I must abide by the rules of any labor contract that is in place. I still don’t have to join the union, but most states require the employee to pay an administration fee which basically covers the union dues anyway.

A person could hypothetically be forced to work under the rules of a union contract, but they cannot be forced to join a union.

Either way, I will believe it when I see it. Three years is a long time, and my bet is NJI gets sold before your clock strikes midnight.

wolfpackpilot said:
BBJ guy

Actually you are incorrect on being forced into the union. For arguments sake, let’s say in three years NJI operations are dissolved into NJA. Unless I am completely laid off from my employer and given a written notice of such; I cannot be forced to join or pay any dues or fees associated with Union membership in the event my company is sold, traded (whatever) to a unionized work force. Federal Law protects employees (the term is grandfathered) who did not vote for union representation at the time the union was ushered in or when a non union work forced is merged with a union workforce.

Now if my employment is terminated, and I get a letter saying I can apply to ‘x’ company, then I must abide by the rules of any labor contract that is in place. I still don’t have to join the union, but most states require the employee to pay an administration fee which basically covers the union dues anyway.

A person could hypothetically be forced to work under the rules of a union contract, but they cannot be forced to join a union.

Either way, I will believe it when I see it. Three years is a long time, and my bet is NJI gets sold before your clock strikes midnight.

All you can ever do is be negative. It will happen and if its sold then what? Why do have SUCH a hard time with us ALL being one list? What is your beef?

Just a guess here, but I'd say his beef is with comments from people like Steel when they say "staple, staple, staple."

It's a done deal.... NJI is on life support and the grim reaper is hanging around. The good news for NJI is that there is life after death!!

gutshotdraw said:
Just a guess here, but I'd say his beef is with comments from people like Steel when they say "staple, staple, staple."

Or this

Posted by Starman:

Either way, he'd wind up at the bottom of our seniority list.

Or this

Posted by Starman:

That's ok though Wolfpack, you can upgrade in the Ultra in a year or two.

I’ve certainly conducted myself in a civil manner on this board, refraining from unsavory and disgusting references as so many others choose. I have on numerous occasions stated my support for NJA pilots, at the same time objecting to the manner in which some have acted.

I, like many of my fellow NJI pilots didn’t just show up on the flying scene yesterday. I was a soldier, freight pilot, corporate pilot, and an airline pilot (3 of them) long before I came to NJI. I earned the right to be were I am today, no one just gave it too me. So of course I take an interest in what happens to my company because I have a vested interest in it. I’m not here building time waiting for the next big game, I fly the world’s most renowned business jet from one continent to the other. NJI is a great company, managed by great people. I signed on with the expectation that I would work doing ‘a’ and receive ‘b’ as a reward. Now, the IBT wants to change it. And of course because NJI pilots aren’t unionized, that means the IBT thinks they should make all the decisions on how, when, where and so forth.

Basically my gut instinct tells me I smell a rat. I don’t think this has anything to do with senior NJA pilots wanting to fly Gulfstreams. I think it has everything to do with a bunch of young 3-5 year ultra pilots looking for a seat grab. Only time will tell if I’m right or wrong, and if I’m wrong, then I’ll apologize, if I’m right, shame on you!

Wolf,

You won't have to join the union because of your Grandfather rules, but you'd still have to pay dues. If you didn't the IBT has a legally enforcable right to tender your resignation on your behalf.

Wolf - if you have the experience you state then you know you can no more judge the NJA pilot group by the posters here than I can judge the NJI group by the arrogant three I saw sitting in one of our hotel bars under the NO PIPES OR CIGARS sign puffing away on their obnoxious cigars - yes one was a female FA lol. Just as we knew the starting pay at NJA you had to know NJI was built on the rep of NJA financially and the broken promises of an un-named individual. It was not going to be allowed to stand, and it was done by the pilots of NJA - not national IBT. And 1108 is an aberration within the IBT organization. You will not find any of our current leadership's names in the indictment list in the back of every IBT magazine. IBT is just the partner we were given to dance with in this fight - and it was a fight.

Latest resources

Back