• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI and NJA Merger Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So . . . . . the bottom line is that nothing really changed yesterday that justified starting this thread. The new TA that has been distributed - that may very well be voted upon positively by the membership - STILL has to be accepted by Woodbridge (from the way I understand it) and MAY lead to a merger. Therefore, the statements here are again heart-felt, fervent, passionate and persuasive - but, from the facts and timing - specious.

Wrong! Who do you think WROTE THE LOA?

Woodbrige, RTS and his attoneys did

Who signed it? RTS

Who lied to you over the years and said this will not happen ..........? Hmmmmm RTS maybe?

It's over we are ONE group come 2010

So . . . . . the bottom line is that nothing really changed yesterday that justified starting this thread. The new TA that has been distributed - that may very well be voted upon positively by the membership - STILL has to be accepted by Woodbridge (from the way I understand it) and MAY lead to a merger. Therefore, the statements here are again heart-felt, fervent, passionate and persuasive - but, from the facts and timing - specious.

Well yes there has been a change since yesterday, there now is a LOA accepted by the Union and Mgt, that now needs to be approved by the Membership. Woodbridge already has accepted the LOA. We unwashed line pilots get to vote yea or nay.
The tweeks to the IBB TA in the last few days will make it more paletable to the senior NJA pilots and ensure it's passage come 11-20.

The company and the union wrote the loa together. So it has been accepted by the company. It has to be accepted by the union in the form of a vote.

NJI can still operate independently, different uniforms, okatie headquarters, and such. Just over time there are steps that transition the nji pilot group into the nja pilot group.

There are fences though. Only 1/3rd of the captains come from NJA. Moving to the gulfstream product requires a 24month equipment lock and a 60 month gulfstream lock. You have to also go to the GIV before you can move to the GV, 550, 450 and then that movement can only come from the IV.

NJI pay and hba's are protected.

No sleep for you x402?

The company and the union wrote the loa together. So it has been accepted by the company. It has to be accepted by the union in the form of a vote.

NJI can still operate independently, different uniforms, okatie headquarters, and such. Just over time there are steps that transition the nji pilot group into the nja pilot group.

There are fences though. Only 1/3rd of the captains come from NJA. Moving to the gulfstream product requires a 24month equipment lock and a 60 month gulfstream lock. You have to also go to the GIV before you can move to the GV, 550, 450 and then that movement can only come from the IV.

NJI pay and hba's are protected.

No sleep for you x402?

Got my 6 hrs, good to see you last night.

All,

I believe there is one critical component that must be highlighted in the company’s option to recognize a single transportation system, and that is the fact no third party such as the NMB or arbitrator would be able to screw up what should be addressed directly between the company, union, and employees.

It should be recognized by all that if the company elects to recognize a single transportation system under the terms of LOA 01-013 it protects the NJA, NJLA, and NJI pilots in the most fair and equitable manner while establishing job security, wages, benefits, and working conditions that as a whole, top the industry more now than ever before. How would NJA or NJI pilots react to an arbitrators ruling such as the US Airways/America West (East-West) ruling? Nobody ever knows who ends up on top. How would that affect the brand and work environment at NetJets when the level of professional courtesy and recognition, pilot to pilot, today is admirable. How does working under the terms and conditions of the IBB proposal harm any NetJets pilot; whether NJA, NJLA, or NJI? It doesn’t. It’s an exceptional proposal.

The NetJets pilots union has no alternative but to advocate and advance the bargaining unit’s interests in new career opportunities. Nothing agreed to by the union and company resolves the single carrier dispute unless the company serves notice and elects to recognize a single transportation system; which the union has no option but to advance through the NMB processes of a single carrier filing or future bargaining.

When one steps back and takes an objective look, there is no doubt it’s in all parties interest for the company to recognize a single transportation system; one company, one seniority list, one contract - the best company, the best opportunities, and the best contract. That being said, there is nothing that forces the company to do so – short of an NMB single carrier filing or future bargaining. And, the distinct positions are still there; the company says they are not a single transportation system, while the union says it is. That has not changed.

What has changed? The company now has the option to avoid all the fighting, contentious seniority integration battles, and future bargaining of terms and conditions at NJA and NJI. The company now has a fully developed option to choose 8 or more years of labor peace where the focus is on the future growth and development of the business. Not labor unrest and infighting. This is a telling moment in NetJets history and I am confident the pilots, all pilots, will recognize it’s best to move forward, not look back, and it’s far better to be working together than to distracted by internal labor disputes.

Sincerely,

Long time coming...

Welcome home.

Everything I have seen on the table defies even the definition of a "good merger". Of course, all I know previous to NetJets is US Airways. The definitionof a "good merger, according to airline guys is one in which both sides get equally screwed.

All I have seen in the LOA points to a really good integration; one that can/will truly bring us all together as a cohesive group.

The Virtual Seniority List with the combination of NJI/NJA pilots is based on Date of Hire. I couldn't think of a better method of integration personally.

We have always been one company so cries (not that I've heard many) for a staple job or an asset transfer or "we are the surviving carrier" are bunk.

If I chose to look at the integration as a loss for me, I'd cry that "I lost 170 numbers sliding from 1,500 to near 1,700". I couldn't feel differently... To me, I feel like I'm gaining hundreds of professional Brothers and Sisters.

I know it's early yet but... Welcome.

All,

It should be recognized by all that if the company elects to recognize a single transportation system under the terms of LOA 01-013 it protects the NJA, NJLA, and NJI pilots in the most fair and equitable manner while establishing job security, wages, benefits, and working conditions that as a whole, top the industry more now than ever before. How would NJA or NJI pilots react to an arbitrators ruling such as the US Airways/America West (East-West) ruling? Nobody ever knows who ends up on top.
Sincerely,

Amen Cast.

Nobody even knows who screwed who over at the US East/West nightmare.

There have been so many over the years, who could keep count. I can tell you from personal experience.

I feel for those guys (both sides) over there but that is them, this is us.

Nobody wants an arbitrator to dictate terms. All sides lose when it happens.

This (NJI-A) is a good deal.

My sole request is that NetJets (all) pilots take the high road and reinforce the high standards of professionalism that is expected. We can't follow the profession as much as we need redirect it within our segment of the industry, which requires setting the example when presented the opportunity.

Sincerely,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back