NJI and NJA Merger Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MORE SELECTED EXCERPTS (THESE PERTAIN MORE TO THE NJI PILOTS):

B. Crewmember Protections Following Recognition of a Single Transportation System

1. The Company may elect to resolve the single carrier issue described in LOA 01-001 by recognizing NJA and NJI as a single transportation system at any time prior to (a) a ruling by the National Mediation Board that NJA and NJI constitute a single transportation system or (b) November 21, 2010, whichever is earlier. The Company will simultaneously provide written notice (a “recognition notice”) to the Union that it has recognized NJI as part of a single transportation system. The provisions of Paragraphs 2 - 5, below, will have no application if the Company does not recognize NJA and NJI as a single transportation system within the time period allowed by this Paragraph.

2. In the event that the Company exercises the election and provided the recognition notice, the parties will promptly commence integration of the NJA and NJI Seniority Lists into a single NetJets Aviation, Inc. Pilot Seniority List established in accordance with LOA 01-011. There will be no system flush or removal of pilots from their positions.

3. NJA and NJI may operate separately under the terms of this LOA through and until November 21, 2010. The Company may terminate separate carrier status and commence operations as a single transportation system prior to November 10, 2010 by sending a second written notice (“final integration notice”) to the Union. The provisions of Part A will remain in effect until such time as (a) the Company provides the final integration notice described in this Paragraph; or (b) November 21, 2010, whichever is earlier. Any Seat Locks incurred pursuant to Paragraph A.4 will convert to Equipment Locks as established in Paragraph B.4.f. and continue for their original duration; provided, that no Seat Lock converted to an Equipment Lock pursuant to this Paragraph will extend beyond November 21, 2012.

4. Subject to the following conditions, the terms and conditions of the 2007 Basic Agreement will apply to all crewmembers on the NetJets Aviation, Inc. Pilot Seniority List, including those at NJI, at the time of the final integration notice or November 21, 2010, whichever is earlier:

a. There will be no system flush or removal of pilots from their positions.

b. NJA and NJI will not offer positions on the 15-Day Flex Schedule described in subsection 19.1(C) to crewmembers operating either the G-IV or a successor Gulfstream aircraft. For purposes of this LOA, a “successor Gulfstream aircraft” includes the Gulfstream 450, G-V, Gulfstream 550, and any other flightattended Gulfstream aircraft.

c. NJA and NJI crewmembers employed by NJI will not suffer a reduction in pay as a result of the recognition of NJA and NJI as a single transportation system and will receive annual wage increases commensurate with annual wage increases received by an NJA crewmember receiving similar pay at the time such pay protection is initiated. A crewmember receiving pay protection pursuant to this subparagraph will forfeit the right to such pay protection in the event that he bids and is awarded a position in an aircraft other than either the G-IV or a successor Gulfstream aircraft.

d. All posted vacancies in G-IV aircraft will be bid and awarded on the basis of seniority.

e. All posted vacancies in the G-V aircraft and any successor Gulfstream aircraft will be filled on the basis of seniority only from among those crewmembers holding positions in either the G-IV or successor Gulfstream aircraft.

i. Captain vacancies in the G-V and successor Gulfstream aircraft will be filled only from among those crewmembers holding Captain positions in the G-IV or successor Gulfstream aircraft.

ii. If an insufficient number of non-locked Captains in the GIV or successor Gulfstream aircraft bid for a position posted pursuant to Paragraph B.4.e, the Company will waive Equipment Locks for Captains in the G-IV and successor Gulfstream aircraft and repost the vacancy. If, after waiving Equipment Locks pursuant to this subparagraph, there are still an insufficient number of bidders, the Company will repost and award the vacancy on the basis of seniority.

f. Gulfstream Equipment and Program Locks

i. A crewmember who is awarded a G-IV aircraft vacancy, other than a crewmember described in subparagraph (ii) below, will incur a twenty-four (24) month Gulfstream Equipment Lock in the G-IV and a sixty (60) month Gulfstream Program Lock. The Gulfstream Program Lock incurred pursuant to this subparagraph will run concurrently with the Gulfstream Equipment Lock described above and will prevent the crewmember for a period of sixty (60) months from bidding and being awarded a seniority-based vacancy in any aircraft other than the G-IV or a successor Gulfstream aircraft.

ii. A crewmember holding a position in the G-IV or a successor Gulfstream aircraft who is awarded a seniority-based vacancy in a subsequent Gulfstream aircraft will incur a thirty-six (36) month Gulfstream Equipment Lock, which will run concurrently with any Gulfstream Program Lock remaining in effect at the time of the award.

iii. Any Seat Locks in effect at the time NJA and NJI commence operations as a single transportation system will convert to Equipment Locks and continue for their original duration; provided, that no Seat Lock converted to an Equipment Lock pursuant to this Paragraph will extend beyond November 21, 2012.

g. The parties agree that no crewmember will be displaced from his existing base airport solely as a result of resolution of the single carrier issue described in Paragraph B.1.

[continued...]

Last edited:
Ah, you're right about that, I'm a HBA grandfathered pilot. Been at NJA longer than your husband, who I have a great deal of respect for. I just have a difficult time listening to the ramblings of our new guys (ie Capt Dad) go on and on about how great this IBB will be and then start threads that can do nothing but worry the very people we need to engage in a POSITIVE manner.

Capt Dad, needs to say thank you I got here just in time. That's all, no lectures, no BS, good timing on his part. I wish I had been so smart when I came here 7 years ago.

PS I love the Blue Mountain cards....thank you

I think NJW was talking about the grandfathering of HBAs to the NJI folks, not NJA HBAers

I am new, not Capt Dad, but will say I got on at the right time. So far, I have backed the right horse. I am also stoked about this LOA and the protection (from NJE and NJ whatever) in Section 30. This is huge for supporting this IBB.

DrP, you are correct, but I made the mistake of assuming that X402 is from NJI--just because he stood up for their right to information. :blush: Speaking of...good job providing that NJApilot! Saves me from having to risk the wrath of my critic(s) to do that for the NJI pilots...:p

Thanks for the kind words, X402 (always repeated to my husband who appreciates feedback on his work) and also for the encouragement about the cards. I was already thinking that I should post a special card to the NJI pilots-- your positive feedback is all the encouragement needed. On that subject...it's entirely understandable that both groups will experience some trepidation in the beginning. Even those who have long wanted an integration can still be nervous about how it will all work out. I think this is one of those situations where the right attitude can overcome lots of growing pains.

I want to say welcome aboard to all our brothers (and sisters) over at NJI, I believe we will both benefit from the Scope and other protections both NJI and NJA pilots will share upon integration as a single company.

well, this will be fun. what does this LOA mean for the workers at Hilton Head (scheduling/HR/etc)?

is this LOA official yet?

If the IBB vote is ratified then it is a done deal. It also states they can operate from SC. However do not be surprised when the entire operation is moved back to Columbus.

It's true. More money and Merger. Life is good.

Discuss...

NJI guys, what are your feelings about all of this? Good, bad or indifferent?

Exactly what 'announcement' was made yesterday that made this 'official'?

Exactly what 'announcement' was made yesterday that made this 'official'?
Nothing is official until the votes are counted... and then as I read this LOA... the company has the option to merge NJA and NJI.

If they want to extend the contract to 2016... practically that is what they will have to do.

IMO...Passage of the proposal is "in the bag", as they say.

This will all be done by 2010 or sooner.

NJI pilots get a raise

Bridgeway Bob will be out soon to announce for the company.

Last edited:
Nothing is official until the votes are counted... and then as I read this LOA... the company has the option to merge NJA and NJI.

So . . . . . the bottom line is that nothing really changed yesterday that justified starting this thread. The new TA that has been distributed - that may very well be voted upon positively by the membership - STILL has to be accepted by Woodbridge (from the way I understand it) and MAY lead to a merger. Therefore, the statements here are again heart-felt, fervent, passionate and persuasive - but, from the facts and timing - specious.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back