NJI and NJA Merger Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What say you Gutshot, Wolfpack?

What is the feeling down SC way? Did this take anyone by surprise, or has the writing been on the wall?

Just wondering. I haven't seen any NJI'ers post here and this threads been here a few days.

OK, so now my question is since all the F.O.s are going to come from NJA, the time line for the crossovers to initiate and control a vote of bringing the union in is about three years, why would 1108 spend any money on the single carrier lawsuit? The difference of lawsuit filed in Fall of 2008 verses infusion of NJA pilots to reach a majority will be about a year difference. Is that worth the money spent?

What say you Gutshot, Wolfpack?

What is the feeling down SC way? Did this take anyone by surprise, or has the writing been on the wall?

Just wondering. I haven't seen any NJI'ers post here and this threads been here a few days.

Been out making the donuts and don't drag a laptop with me. Still digesting though....burp....I'll get back to ya

Guys, the merger is complete. Eventually, there will only be NJA FOs to upgrade. When the fleet about doubles, and there are more NJA pilots, than original NJI guys, how do you think a union vote will go?

The merger is complete, what isn't is the timetable. And I would guess that will be before 2010. Your company bought insurance that the NMB wasnt going to staple you at the bottom of the list. The price is that all FO positions are filled by NJA. Thus your company will, at some point in the future, be entirely NJA.

Any of you NJI guys think, you would be more receptive to going over to NJA, (without a fight) if they had their own in-house group(union)? I can see this being modeled after SWA. In other words send the truck drivers packing.:)

Any of you NJI guys think, you would be more receptive to going over to NJA, (without a fight) if they had their own in-house group(union)? I can see this being modeled after SWA. In other words send the truck drivers packing.:)

Why do you care? The handwriting is on the wall. Both groups will have to deal with it, good and bad.

Go back and read so of the other posts, you'll see who WP and GSD work for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back