• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA...What's your bet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've noticed that senior pilots complaining about getting left out in the IBB proposal usually fail to mention the $25,000 signing bonus, $10,000 longevity bonus, and the 4% annual bonuses. That is on top of excellent benefits. Many pilots would be quite happy to trade places and would consider themselves lucky to be so "ignored"...:rolleyes:

I've noticed that senior pilots complaining about getting left out in the IBB proposal usually fail to mention the $25,000 signing bonus, $10,000 longevity bonus, and the 4% annual bonuses.

:confused: Let's see: For the duration of the contract, a 12 Year 7/7 Captain will see an additional $15K (with a pay cut for the last 4 years. A newhire FO will see an additional $158K. I'll let you rethink that bonus money idea.

The senior guys aren't blinded by the neon lights of the pay and the domiciles. They are looking beyond those things at the "bigger picture" if you will. Some of us aren't in the 14+ range yet, but we will be when the end of the contract rolls around. $25k isn't going far to offset the loss of retiree medical and the dozens of other givebacks.

You have to ask yourself if the pay and the bases were not part of the equation, would you still vote to approve it? I doubt it. Remember, one day the junior guys will be the senior guys. The benefits we give up will be your own.

Less than 78% turnout
Less than 65% if it passes

Think of this TA as a catch up for the FO's. It would seem some greedy falcon pilots left us out in the cold during the 2005 CBA. If I here one more guy bitch about how he got left out in the cold while he is making $150K plus easy I will scream. I know.. I know.. we didn't walk the line in 2005 in the snow up hill both ways... Give me a Fu**ing break with your whining....

Give me a Fu**ing break with your whining....

Then T-1 Give us a break with your bitching about having to commute to your domicle and the pay.... Both of which you knew about BEFORE coming here.

The rules didn't change on you. You just don't like the rules.

100 percent pass if NJW had her way.

62 to 68% pass is my over under.

I'll bet that all but 4 Falcon PICs vote no. Some will brainwash 1 or 2 Falcon SICs to vote their way. The majority of the rest of the FOs will vote yes, another me vote, because they cannot afford not too. The real vote will be decided by the rest of the pilot group. Reserve PICs might do more fence sitting and lean towards no. My guess is a low passing margin of 57% yeah, 40% neigh, 3% no vote.

Does anyone know why the timeline says on or about 20 Nov? Why is the date not definitive?

Hey Falcon guy..... Im with you, its a no vote for me...just waaay to many givebacks to the company. the noobies scored really big and the rest of us get the crumbs. Most of us realize they need it but at our big time expense????

I've never been accused of being hasty or stupid. I just don't see the give backs.

For my sake.... please list the many givebacks for me to review.

I just don't see the overall loss. Help me help you help me...

Then T-1 Give us a break with your bitching about having to commute to your domicle and the pay.... Both of which you knew about BEFORE coming here.

The rules didn't change on you. You just don't like the rules.

100 percent pass if NJW had her way.

62 to 68% pass is my over under.

Agreed. If I hear one more guy bitch about the commute or pay, I'm gonna f*ckin break somebody. I drove 6.5 hours one way for 5 years and started out at $27,108. But I knew what I was getting into and dealt with it. BO said himself that we should discuss it with our family and vote what is best for us. Therefore making it a "I" vote. So that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to vote what is best for ME AND MY FAMILY. "I", "ME", not anyone else. I'm tired of being frowned upon for not being a "team player" or what is best for the group. Bite me, what is best for "you" might not be best for "me"

Latest resources

Back