• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA...What's your bet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great post Hoppy! It's about time you guys got paid a decent wage, and were able to have the same home basing options as the more senior pilots there. Good luck with your vote.

Hey Archie! How's brown treating you? I got in touch with the person we spoke about. Thanks man.
I'll talk with you soon.

I too liked what the reserve used to be, but it is not anymore, at least for me. I must be in the wrong fleet or somehting cuz I work 18 every month and my schedule is always changing from what was "proposed" at the start of the month. I will be happy to go back to 7 and 7 and make roughly the same as I am now on reserve.

I too liked what the reserve used to be, but it is not anymore, at least for me. I must be in the wrong fleet or somehting cuz I work 18 every month and my schedule is always changing from what was "proposed" at the start of the month. I will be happy to go back to 7 and 7 and make roughly the same as I am now on reserve.

PBS bidding will be the same. The bigger the fleet, the better it will work. If on a small fleet, your options are going to be greatly limited.

I believe once the Preferential Bid System gets built and brought on-line, you'll get the benefits of H-days plus a whole lot more. (The ability to strategically place H-day pairs so as to work fewer than 18 days will go away, yes. But you'll still be able to bid around days you want off.)
Forgive my cynicism, but I just don't have that kind of faith. Number 6 in seat, should work out if they "try" to match our prefs, but I doubt they will. We'll see. In any case, I may just hang out in the right seat a bit longer if it does work well.

Forgive my cynicism, but I just don't have that kind of faith. Number 6 in seat, should work out if they "try" to match our prefs, but I doubt they will. We'll see. In any case, I may just hang out in the right seat a bit longer if it does work well.

yeah the problem is they can just do jack ******************** and make up any story they want......

the company will own us regardles of what schedule were on.....

I do believe the Union will be involved in oversight to make sure that the system works as was agreed upon in the IBB proposal.

This type of question/concern will be addressed in the Road Shows which NJ pilots and their spouses are encouraged to attend if possible.

I believe once the Preferential Bid System gets built and brought on-line, you'll get the benefits of H-days plus a whole lot more. (The ability to strategically place H-day pairs so as to work fewer than 18 days will go away, yes. But you'll still be able to bid around days you want off.)

Ding Ding Ding!
Not to mention knowing your schedule ahead of time.

After talking with crews this week, it seems that this will pass. I have heard different stories and opinions on what they like and what the dislike about this. Most seem to want this to pass just to get everyone a little more unified (pay and basing).

I have also come to realize that those that are the biggest opponents of the IBB have spouses (or partners) that make good incomes, and are in a better position to wait a few more years.

The big concern is the length of the contract. Even though the current 5 yr contract, will in fact be a 3 yr contract.....so using my logic, this new 5 (+3) year contract, should be a 3.5 to 4 yr contract.

While I wouldn't go so far as to put hard numbers on a time frame, I do think that if the IBB proposal passes it will set a precedent for working things out in this manner and will very likely be repeated going forward. It makes sense to reinforce what works.

I agree with the observation that those opposed are often financially better off than those who want the proposal to pass. We're a family of 5 and I'm a stay home Mom. It is quite easy for me to see what a difference passage will make to many NJ families. They deserve to buy decent homes, drive reliable vehicles, and have savings and college funds. It's rather hard to do that on the FO wages and upgrades are slow these days. I'm not surprised that many NJ pilots recognize that because many of them were in the same situation not so long ago. To those still on the fence, I suggest that your leaders' endorsements and the needs of your fellow pilots are good reasons to vote yes.

From my early '70s fixer-upper house, with my old car currently in the shop, I freely admit that the signing bonus and pay raise looks good to me. I thank all of the NJ pilots/spouses willing to consider other NJ families whose financial assets are less than your own.
Sincerely,
NJW

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back