• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA...What's your bet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm curious what you mean by the statement about the Wilson Center. Did they take a pre-vote poll? Or do you mean that they've identified some areas of cremember concern that are addressed in the TA and as such, you expect the TA to pass by a fairly large margin?

Like I said, I wasn't certain what you meant by your statement.

It's just math. I don't know if Wilson or our union has or will put out numbers, but Wilson has a reputation for being extremely accurate in their polls. The poll questions and answers were what the IBB people used to draft the TA. If you add up all the stats from Wilson (for and against in specific issues) you should have a pretty accurate pre-vote tally. I am just guessing but I would say a good majority. Thus 78% is my guess. That is what I meant.

Flame On!

I"m a 14 year class 4 guy and I have to be honest when I say I"m just not feelin the love.

Our leadership going into this IBB stated and RE-stated how important it was to secure higher, more competitve salaries for first officers and the most senior captains. The first officers scored big.

The 14 year+ guys were not just overlooked, we were sacrificed. I understand business and demographics, but understandably this feels like a really hard punch to the gut considering how long we long haulers have been waiting for this job to "pay off". My no vote really won't matter much considering the large amount of people this proposal will benefit. The hardest thing for me right now is trying to figure out how I explain to my family that "daddy isn't going to make the money he thought he was in the 2005 contract". I guess I shouldnt have bought the big house and put my kids in private school when this 5 year contract turned into a 2 year contract. I appreciate the hard work of all involved, I'm just really dissapointed.

I"m a 14 year class 4 guy and I have to be honest when I say I"m just not feelin the love.

Our leadership going into this IBB stated and RE-stated how important it was to secure higher, more competitve salaries for first officers and the most senior captains. The first officers scored big.

The 14 year+ guys were not just overlooked, we were sacrificed. I understand business and demographics, but understandably this feels like a really hard punch to the gut considering how long we long haulers have been waiting for this job to "pay off". My no vote really won't matter much considering the large amount of people this proposal will benefit. The hardest thing for me right now is trying to figure out how I explain to my family that "daddy isn't going to make the money he thought he was in the 2005 contract". I guess I shouldnt have bought the big house and put my kids in private school when this 5 year contract turned into a 2 year contract. I appreciate the hard work of all involved, I'm just really dissapointed.

Why on earth would they give you more money/benefits when they don't have to? It's not as though you are going anywhere.
The ONLY point of this is to reduce attrition and keep new hires flowing in. Period. rick santulli has won. Buffet would be proud.

This is not a question meant to instigate, it is just curiosity. How much were you expecting for 14 yr pay in the new TA?

Thanks

With any new contract there is an agreed to implimentation schedule for certain sections (basing, bonus, pay, etc). Pay is usually the easiest to impliment. Work rules involving scheduling take more time due to training issues.

I'd say the new rules would take tread ASAP.

I am also predicting a PASS on this TA. My guess: 85%.

Why so high? I'm picky. I'm very picky. Did I get everything I wanted? Never. Do I recognize a good deal when I see it? Oh yes.

This is not a question meant to instigate, it is just curiosity. How much were you expecting for 14 yr pay in the new TA?

Thanks

The highest? Someone put together a payscale for year 14 that includes a 4% bonus for being a year 15 seniority or higher pilot. I believe it involved some PTO (Personal Time Off) sell back as well.

The number I saw was $182,000 base salary BEFORE holiday, OT and extended days. That is easily another 20K-40K.

All airplanes except the BBJ pay the same.

Not bad for flying an Encore around... Hell... That's not bad for flying a Falcon around.

If the MEC Chairman is not losing money in the EZ tell me how you are? Also if you are one of the few that got into the plane early there will be a LOA to protect your wage.

If it passes when does it become active, ie the basing options?

Pay the next day

Basing is set for DEC 1

15 and 18 day into 2008. Until that time the current RSV with "H"days will be in affect with higher pay rates.

This is all if ratified

18 Day Fixed Schedule with 4 weeks of vacation and 12 Personal Days (which can be an additional 5th week of vacation with 5 sick days or 5 sick days where 7 days can be sold back at 110% of the normal daily rate - this is not included in the numbers provided below - I assume 5 weeks of vacation totaling 181 workdays a year which is less than a total 7&7 182 days a year):

15 Years of Service
~14th Service Year Base Wage with 15th Service Year 4% Annual Bonus: $173,132
~14th Service Year Base Wage plus 15% for OT, Holidays, etc and the 15th Service Year 4% bonus: $198,103 (2008 through 2012)

~Possible bargaining Jan 2013. If the Company exercises the 3 year option:

~The above with 2013 projected 3% CPI-U adjustment: $203,846
~The above with 2014 compounded 3% CPI-U adjustment: $216,620
~The above with 2015 compounded 3% CPI-U adjustment: $222,919
~Bargaining starts no later than May 2014

Under the IBB proposal every NetJets pilot captures this option as a Captain (560, 400, XL/XLS, 680, 800/900, X, 200, 2000, 4000, and the like).

Make an approx. 20% reduction for the 7&7 schedule and a 10% reduction for the 15 day flex schedule.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Ibb passing.............

Hey Falcon guy..... Im with you, its a no vote for me...just waaay to many givebacks to the company. the noobies scored really big and the rest of us get the crumbs. Most of us realize they need it but at our big time expense????

We put a lot of time in getting to where we are now and I feel working this thing out over a longer time would benifit all, but alas, they need to rush it through now for some reason :mad:

Latest resources

Back