NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, How did we get here??

Just for your information, I just got back from active duty in Iraq.

My Active duty net pay (bringhome) was a little over twice my Netjets gross income.

The company does pay the difference between your Netjets pay and military. It is a generous jesture from a new soldier that is employed at Netjets and gets deployed. (About private pay grade)

It really doesn't apply to a deployed officer of any rank below about the 8 or 9 year mark.

The company is wonderfull in matters of military, but then again, there is a war on, and by law they have to be. (I really must say, I encountered nothing but a positive attitude, and total support)

Now, they did try to hurry me back to the line with the minimum amount of training, but when I said WWWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTT????? They did cooperate and give me what I ask.

I am happy to be back and will fly the contract, and am confident that we will eventually reach an agreement.

Unfortunately, I fear I will be deployed again before we have an agreement.

Semore,
A sincere thanks for your service.

You just illustrated the only point I was trying to make. The company does do the right stuff when it comes to these kinds of things. However, I don't think Mr. S only does it for PR or "because it's the law" as some have claimed. As with hurricane excused absenses its because it's the right thing to do and it is above and beyond what most do.

Stay safe.

JustInfo said:
Why compare 8 years service to 5 years? If you are going to make comparisons then make them accurate, does nothing for credibility in debate to skew things.

I was giving typical numbers. Most guys that separate from active duty to go into the Guard as pilots have over 8 years commissioned service. Most pilots that are currently employed at NetJets and serve in the guard have 5 years or less seniority. I wasn't trying to warp anything - just accurate numbers that show that RTS isn't giving most troops that deploy one thin dime.

As to why I'm not on active duty anymore, I'd gladly go back but I've been retired for over 12 years and they won't let you activate after you've been out over 5. I know - I tried both active duty and a couple of guard units.

Ooops, sorry Fred. I forgot, if you can't say something negative about NJA don't say anything at all!

And miles, sorry if you are on the union insurance, I have heard how bad it sucks. West Virginny, no. Nice West Coast city, yes. Aetna has covered me and my family in some fairly major issues other companies won't touch.

FAcFriend said:
There is a reason starman, that you do not go back on active duty and instead chose to fly NJA- Please enlighten us-

Read my post above and consider yourself enlightened.

Things must have been slow at Bridgeway over the last couple of days cuz all the management zombies came out to post.

Try again Starman

When was the last time you tried to get back in?

I would try again, the services seem to be opening up somewhat.

As for the pay? Rts certainly didn't have to shell out a dime of salary.

However! I was paid my vacation while I was gone, and, I am allowed to "catchup" with my 401K by monthly payroll deductions. I am assuming tht I will also get my company "match" which will indeed be money from the company.

???

Starman said:
As to why I'm not on active duty anymore, I'd gladly go back but I've been retired for over 12 years and they won't let you activate after you've been out over 5. I know - I tried both active duty and a couple of guard units.

Interesting... I now have 7 retired friends who have requested a voluntary recall to active duty and received it. One of them was a fully tenured professor of law at UND, but of course, under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994, he will have his position back when he returns from Bagdad.

GV

It has been over a year since I last looked into it. I guess with the sandbox continuing to drain resources, the services are looking at other options. I'll make a couple of calls.

GV
It depends on what you can do for them. I would imagine they don't care about your age as much to fly a C5 as they do an F16.

Medical people can get back in. The Air Force is sending teams to local hospitals bearing gifts and handing them out to nurses over 50, with or without prior service.

Latest resources

Back