NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spin it like Baghdad Bob

Why compare 8 years service to 5 years? If you are going to make comparisons then make them accurate, does nothing for credibility in debate to skew things. 8 year capt is 6208 vs your 8 year military of 5758. Looks like some supplemental pay would be necessary and should be APPRECIATED. I was taught to say THANK YOU when someone gives me something.

Also, after 20 years - pulling in over 90K. You can do that here at Nutjobs or whatever you are calling it also after 20 years, and even more on the BBJ.

So back to my original point...Thank you to those serving our country, it is definitely not worth it for the money so there is definitely some dedication there.

Starman said:
The reason he's so generous with the offer to supplement the salary of folks called up to active duty is that 99% of them make a helluva lot more on active duty than they do at Netjest. No loss and a lot of good PR.

I knew if I waited long enough there would be something that Starman and I would agree on...

A company has to support it's employees going on deployment the way that NetJets has.... IT'S THE LAW.

And yes, they are probably making more on active duty than they were full-time on the line at NetJets. A buddy of mine just got back and made a ton of money while on deployment.

JustInfo said:
Why compare 8 years service to 5 years? If you are going to make comparisons then make them accurate, does nothing for credibility in debate to skew things. 8 year capt is 6208 vs your 8 year military of 5758. Looks like some supplemental pay would be necessary and should be APPRECIATED. I was taught to say THANK YOU when someone gives me something.

Also, after 20 years - pulling in over 90K. You can do that here at Nutjobs or whatever you are calling it also after 20 years, and even more on the BBJ.

So back to my original point...Thank you to those serving our country, it is definitely not worth it for the money so there is definitely some dedication there.

Info,

Your post is erroneous. The question is how much is NJ supplementing military pay. What is NJ actually paying to activated PILOT reservists. The ave NJ pilots is on yr 4 pay? The average deployed Pilot reservist Has more than 10 yrs of service. When I started here I had more than 22 yrs.

So on average the pilots' pay in the military exceeds the NJ pay, by a lot. RTS has to supplement little to nothing for most pilots.

If I were to go back on active duty, I'd be taking down about $90K a year.[ Starman-

Then why not go back?
What, in heck, is keeping you here?

Is it the hours? Is it being away from the family? Is it that military pilots get shot at and usually NJA pilots are not? Is it the uniforms? Military health care? Vacation pay? The schedule?

Is it that you are too old? Too tired? Too tall, short, fat or skinny?

There is a reason starman, that you do not go back on active duty and instead chose to fly NJA- Please enlighten us-

FAcFriend said:
If I were to go back on active duty, I'd be taking down about $90K a year.[ Starman-

Then why not go back?
What, in heck, is keeping you here?

Is it the hours? Is it being away from the family? Is it that military pilots get shot at and usually NJA pilots are not? Is it the uniforms? Military health care? Vacation pay? The schedule?

Is it that you are too old? Too tired? Too tall, short, fat or skinny?

There is a reason starman, that you do not go back on active duty and instead chose to fly NJA- Please enlighten us-

Why don't you show a little bit of respect fuc* face!! The man served his country , in the process defending your rights and you talk down to him like that? He doesn't owe your sorry asz and explanation for anything..

as214-

I think our active duty pilots should make 90k a year and pretending that flying net jets compares to active duty is a ridiculous.

Last edited:
FAcFriend said:
as214-

pretending that flying net jets compares to active duty is a ridiculous.
Can't you read??? He wasn't comparing working at NetJets with serving in the military. He was responding to Fred Garvin (aka Santulli asskisser) who proclaimed Santulli should be given a medal because he didn't try to fight the federal government to try to prevent NJA pilots from deploying with their military units when they were called up and because he also graciously offered to pay them the difference in their NJA salary vs military salary (which means he didn't have to pay them a dime, because they make more on active duty than at NJA).

So go ahead and keep trying to turn it into something that it isn't.

Thanks Mr Obvious

Well obviously if I had been at any job for 20 years I would be making more than after 4 years at Netjets. Why compare the two then? I could have gone to the local Home Depot 15 years ago and be making more than I am at NJA after 4 years now. Whats the point of comparing the pay scales then?

JustInfo said:
Why compare the two then?
Because Fred Garvin was claiming that Santulli was forking over extra money to bring military pay up to NetJets pay. Since that is not the case (military pay is greater than NJA pay), then Garvin's claim, that Santulli deserves a medal, is false. Understand now, or do I need to go deeper?

My bad I guess, missed the latest turn of this unending thread I guess. Haven't been reading it as close anymore I guess. I misunderstood the context of it somwhere...

Maybe this thread should die (as I keep it alive...)

Latest resources

Back