• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this meant to be sarcastic? You're just proving my point...there are many other ways that NetJets can save money before they start furloughing. I'm sure they'll exhaust all options before layoffs...that's just how they roll.

After a statement like that, I don't believe you.

Maybe times are so good that multiple presents through out the year are warranted. What do I know. If they are then great, enjoy.

I can think that NetJet market share will decrease causing stagnation without hoping ill on any pilot out there. I truly do wish the best for all of us. I also happen to think it's going to be a bumpy road as well.

dude. you're a dumbas*

guess what? we do have career FO's. they can make up to 70K their first year and over six figures after a few years.

the reason we sit at hotels and FBO's is because we aren't hiring outside contractors, like your dumba*s

I guess I am a dumba*s cause I've read your last sentence about a dozen times and have no idea what you're trying to say..

You sit around more because you don't hire contractors? You'd think you'd sit around less if all the flying is done by you.

You sit at hotels and FBO's? What's that got to do with anything? My point was if you just agreed to answer your phone at the hotel you could stay on rest and the company would get better utilization because now when you report you have a full duty cycle in front of you instead of having already burned up 7 or however many hours in an FBO.

You don't hire outside contractors like my dumbas*? What does that mean? Do you think I hire contractors? I did have my trees trimed a few weeks ago. Guess I'm a dumbas*.

Sitting at the hotel waiting for a phone call is not rest. You are either on duty or off duty. If I am off duty I can not be required to answer the phone. By your example a pilot could be waiting in a hotel at 0800. At 1500 he/she gets a phone call for an ASAP trip. It takes you 1 hour to get airborn (really 1.5) Ferry TEB-PWM (1.5 hour block), show 1 hour before a pax flight PWM-LAX ( 6.5 hours block) and 30 minutes to shut the airplane down and go to the hotel. By my math that is 17.5 hours of duty. Do you think that is safe?

Sitting at the hotel waiting for a phone call is not rest. You are either on duty or off duty. If I am off duty I can not be required to answer the phone. By your example a pilot could be waiting in a hotel at 0800. At 1500 he/she gets a phone call for an ASAP trip. It takes you 1 hour to get airborn (really 1.5) Ferry TEB-PWM (1.5 hour block), show 1 hour before a pax flight PWM-LAX ( 6.5 hours block) and 30 minutes to shut the airplane down and go to the hotel. By my math that is 17.5 hours of duty. Do you think that is safe?

its illegal.....so we haven't even got to "safe" yet.

that is how managers imporve their bottom line, by cutting corners and making unsafe working conditions. Everyone wants to be paid more for less work, management are the only ones that have the power to ACT on that. When an accident occours its not managements ass, its the pilots ass, they WILL be paid for that.

jppt2000,

I guess I should have been keeping up with the thread since there were several posts made regarding me starting this thread. I did not start this thread to be malicious and I am certainly not a NJA hater. I want to work at NJA more than anything. It has been a career goal of mine for some time now.

And yes, I did interview at NJA. And no, I did not develop a bad attitude toward the company because I wasn't hired in a specified amount of time. Do I wish I had been hired by now? Heck yes because I want to work there! Am I mad because I have not been hired yet? Heck no! I am just happy to still be in the mix and to not have not received a rejection notice yet.

As for why I started the thread....A guy I know claims he has "higher up" contacts at NJA and that he was told furloughs are coming soon. I found it hard to believe and figured maybe someone on this board would know the truth or at least be able to squash the rumor. I'm sorry if any of you feel I was malicious or attempting to stir the pot. It was not my intention.

I wish NJA and all pilots at all companies the best of luck during these tough economic times. And, I want nothing more than to be a NJA pilot in the near future.

As for why I started the thread....A guy I know claims he has "higher up" contacts at NJA and that he was told furloughs are coming soon.

Care to ellaborate???? Is this person a management employee at NJA? Flight Coordinator? NJASAP Steward? Janitor at the local Waffle House?

Throw us a bone here! Don't need the persons name or anything but my goodness gracious, give us a little more info than just "a guy I know claims".

Thx

my "guy" is higher up than your guy....and he says everything fine......even if it wasnt, im sure this would be the last place the breaking info is posted. I know most of you wanna see NJA fail because we're successful, but remember, most of us that have been as long as me really had to drink our own piss for many years.

things have only really been good since '05.

Uhhh, by definition all rumors are unsubstantiated. That's why they're called rumors.

The guy heard a rumor, he went to a source that might actually know something about it and asked whether or not there was any validity to the rumor. He didn't start the rumor. He politely asked if there was any truth to it. Ready, fire, aim.

Many different ways to ask that question.
thread title grabs your attention?
Maybe you have the answer for all I know.
I'm done with this thread.
Probably gonna read a book, and just for the haters,
update my resume.

I don't know who his "higher up" contacts are. He mentioned it was someone who is a liason between the pilots and upper management. I don't know enough about NJA to even begin to speculate who his contacts are.

I took what he said with a grain of salt because furloughs at NJA don't sound very likely at this point. That is why I posted what I heard on FI in the hopes that someone could validate or squash the rumor I heard. Again, I don't know who his contact is other than a liason between upper management and the pilots.

I'm sorry I brought up the subject. As always, I wish every pilot the best of luck in these trying times.

Latest resources

Back