• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am hearing rumors trickle out of Netjets that furloughs are just around the corner. Is there any truth to this or is this just rumor based on what happened at FLOPs recently? I do not work for NJA so all of this is hearsay.

Probable NJA hater: Starcheck must be proud of his thread title, this is so transparent its amusing!
He applied, didn't get hired on his timetable, so he "asks if there is any truth to furloughs around the corner!
post_old.gif
05-21-2008, 15:30 #11 starcheckdriver vbmenu_register("postmenu_1589938", true);

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: LR35, LR60, Multiple pistons
Ratings: ATP - LR60 Type
Curr Position: PIC/SIC
Total Time: Enough

I actually did apply 8 days ago. A friend of mine physically walked my application into the Recruiting Office in Columbus. I also had a couple of internal rec. letters from cuurent NJA employees.

No, I never received an app. accepted or received e-mail. The first e-mail I received was to setup the phone interview.
user_offline.gif
and then goes on to say,
starcheckdriver vbmenu_register("postmenu_1709297", true);

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: LR35, LR60, Multiple pistons
Ratings: ATP - LR60 Type
Curr Position: PIC/SIC
Total Time: Enough

I just wish NJA would let the people waiting know something....either reject them or give them a conditional offer pending a class date and completion of training. So many haven't heard either way and have been waiting for 6 months or so.

There are many who want nothing more than to work at NJA, but may be unemployed and seeking other options. It would be hard to accept employment elsewhere while waiting for NJA to call. You wouldn't want to accept employment, sign a contract or agreement, and then have NJA call with a class offer.

Because of this, I think NJA should either make a rejection or give a conditional offer. After one interviews in CMH, they must know whether they will hire that person or not. That said, maybe no news after 4-6 months is good news? Who knows?!

Last edited:
It's impressive to see the Netjets-fractional-haters come out of the woodwork.

Why does someone from Netjets and/or other fractionals always reply to threads like this as if they're obligated to defend their company's financial position on an anonymous internet messageboard?
It's amusing to read the conjecture from anonymous pilots who allegedly "are in the know" about the financial health of our company.

I also now see junior folks I fly with worried about an impending layoff based on rumors.
Wow, imagine what their families, loved ones, must be going through if they bring these venom-based rumors home.

Why generate fear, uncertainty and doubt by reacting to unsubstantiated rumors posted by anonymous messageboard posters?

Why not use our union messageboard for rumor control.
Let the (NJA-frac-haters ) look for their entertainment elsewhere.

PS: this is pretty much true for all businesses:
Paraphrasing uncle Warren:
You have to wait for the tide to go out before you learn who has been swimming naked.

Thanks for your post!

Giving up a jacket the company already bought doesn't really solve anything does it? Future expenditures are what's required to be reduced to save money.
Em...Future expenses are what I'm talking about...The jacket is not a onetime thing. NetJets sends gifts to employees several times a year. I forgot most companies don't do that. If the gifts stop coming then I know they're starting to trim the fat.

If I were a NetJet dude I would be thinking about better utilization (read not sitting at an FBO all day but remain on rest at the hotel even if it means I have to answer the phone), and maybe even a few fewer crew meals. Personally it makes me sick when I know the company that's going to pay for my kids college paid $60.00 for something that I could have got INSIDE THE SAME BUILDING for $4.50.
Is this meant to be sarcastic? You're just proving my point...there are many other ways that NetJets can save money before they start furloughing. I'm sure they'll exhaust all options before layoffs...that's just how they roll.

enjoy that 4th crew meal of the day ya'll. What are the odds that career FO's are on property as we speak? My guess is some of 'em may be in the left seat now...

Believe it or not I wish every pilot the best of luck in these very uncertain times.
After a statement like that, I don't believe you.

Probable NJA hater: Starcheck must be proud of his thread title, this is so transparent its amusing!

He applied, didn't get hired on his timetable, so he "asks if there is any truth to furloughs around the corner!

Pretty sure the guy got the axe from Aspen Jetride a few weeks back, and is just curious if MORE pilots are going to be unemployed or not, in addition to his hopes of working there.

Good God people, he asked a question...not a leading question, not an accusatory question, but but just a simple question to confirm or deny a rumor. He strongly got multiple denials. Question answered.

I realize there are plenty of NJA haters out there (I'm NOT one of them) but some of you need to be a little less spring-loaded to blast anyone who has questions about your company...

Giving up a jacket the company already bought doesn't really solve anything does it? Future expenditures are what's required to be reduced to save money.

If I were a NetJet dude I would be thinking about better utilization (read not sitting at an FBO all day but remain on rest at the hotel even if it means I have to answer the phone), and maybe even a few fewer crew meals. Personally it makes me sick when I know the company that's going to pay for my kids college paid $60.00 for something that I could have got INSIDE THE SAME BUILDING for $4.50.

enjoy that 4th crew meal of the day ya'll. What are the odds that career FO's are on property as we speak? My guess is some of 'em may be in the left seat now...

Believe it or not I wish every pilot the best of luck in these very uncertain times.

dude. you're a dumbas*

guess what? we do have career FO's. they can make up to 70K their first year and over six figures after a few years.

the reason we sit at hotels and FBO's is because we aren't hiring outside contractors, like your dumba*s

Pretty sure the guy got the axe from Aspen Jetride a few weeks back, and is just curious if MORE pilots are going to be unemployed or not, in addition to his hopes of working there.

Good God people, he asked a question...not a leading question, not an accusatory question, but but just a simple question to confirm or deny a rumor. He strongly got multiple denials. Question answered.

How about a asking a disingenuous question?
Starting out a thread with that title and relating some rumors that one has heard is a true quest for knowledge?
I don't believe it.
Sorry, misery loves-wants company.

I realize there are plenty of NJA haters out there (I'm NOT one of them) but some of you need to be a little less spring-loaded to blast anyone who has questions about your company...

I respectfully disagree with you, I take issue with the thread title.
There are lots of new hire frac folks out there that have a lot riding on these companies.
Its cruel, cowardly, and unprofessional to propagate these unsubstantiated rumors.
BTW, its all fractional haters, not just NJA.

Last edited:
So you think the title "Netjets Struggling?" is inflammatory in some way? I think he asked a valid question in a civil manner. You people need to loosen up.

Well, at least you are not bitter.

Latest resources

Back