• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haters, go to flightaware.com and look at the live tracking. at ANY given time you will see NetJets has more flights than FIV, LXJ, and OPT combined, many times doubled!!!! Iquote]

I would hope so, you have a much larger fleet than anyone else, and more than twice as many pilots than all three combined.

Last edited:
Hi!

1 guy I know there says the numbers of new customers is constant, but flying hours are down, so they are actually making MORE money as they have the same revenue with less expenses.

With this scenario, they could be losing $ in the Marquis Card area, however.

cliff
YIP

I've heard the opposite. Potential owners are less likely to buy the whole nugget...fractional share, that is...and more likely to take a small bite in the form of the Marquis Card.

I've heard the opposite. Potential owners are less likely to buy the whole nugget...fractional share, that is...and more likely to take a small bite in the form of the Marquis Card.

All I know is that I flew 3 legs today in the XL. 2 longer pax flights (1 Marquis Part 135, 1 Owner Part 91k) and 1 17 min ferry.

ALL of our pax today (14 of them total, 15 if you count the family dog) couldn't have said nicer things about our flight/company/services.

The way I look at it is so freakin what if they are Owners or Marquis Card clients, the money is still going into Netjets/Marquis pockets and we are still getting new aircraft and new contracts, putting revenue time on the planes and employing team members.

Oh, BTW, I welcome ALL of the Marquis Cards we can sell because once they experience Netjets, they won't go anywhere else, as I had a card holder tell me once that he would rather sell one of his 3 houses :rolleyes: than to get rid of his Marquis card.

You don't think that at least SOME of these Marquis card holders purchase the "nugget" after a trial period?

My partner today brought up an interesting scenario as well. What about the people that are selling their ownership shares out of other fractional companies but want to "try" Netjets for an interm period, hoping that the market rebounds and then purchase our product if satisfied? Why not buy a Marquis card? Cheaper, trial period, no strings attached. I would be willing to bet that this is happening as well.

Bottom line is aviation (as we all know) is a cut-throat business. Especially right now. It's just like playing chess. You put your opponent in checkmate whenever you can and protect your own troops at all costs. As far as I can see, Netjets and Mr. Santulli are well on the warpath.

As far as I can see, Netjets and Mr. Santulli are well on the warpath.

I'm afraid it's going to be survival of the fittest in 2009 for the fractional industry. I'll put my money on NetJets. Not to say NJA won't furlough, but when it's all said and done, I believe NJA will have even a greater market share than it currently does. Good luck to us all.

No, it is not the same source. And you're right about no one on FI being credible. Lesson learned. I won't be posting anything about NJA rumors again. I thought an honest question might generate some honest answers and opinions. I was wrong in my thinking. Big surprise! It was stupid of me to think the kids playing on FI could grow up enough and act like adults when responding to my honest inquiry about NJA and whether they are struggling.

Have you stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, it was the way you asked the question that got the hostile replies?? Naa, that can't be it, that would mean taking responsibility for your actions and that is our of fashion these days.

You don't listen to what we tell you anyway, you always think your "source" is better then the people who actually work there. Like the Dec. new hire class thead, told you no class, you said someone said there was going to be, never mind we were just in the same rooms with the people that make these calls just two days before. Hell they don't know what they are talking about.

Now as for your original question, do you really believe what your "source" told you??

I'm afraid it's going to be survival of the fittest in 2009 for the fractional industry. I'll put my money on NetJets. Not to say NJA won't furlough, but when it's all said and done, I believe NJA will have even a greater market share than it currently does. Good luck to us all.

I can't imagine that NJ is struggling, but like the rest of the population the wild growth is no longer happening and without growth fracs will stagnate. Any stagnated company will appear to be struggling. I still believe that by the end of next year NJ will be looking at their "industry leading contract" and wondering how they are going to pay for it while the company simply maintains status quo until things turn around. That is when the furloughs will begin and the test of the new in-house union will occur.

Please don't insult NetJets management by comparing them to you and your failed attempts at breaking a union. Maybe someday you will see that there is more than one way to skin a cat, or maybe you already see it and are just getting paid to act this way. Wishing for furloughs and paycuts is a low thing to do and if you can collect a paycheck for doing that job more power to you. If I were in your shoes I would be spending more time trying to find a way to make your company better for everybody.

You speak about greed in the pilot force, I see greed in you and your posts. You are willing to tear down a company just to do your master's bidding. Greed for the paycheck you get allows you to do that job. The pilots of Flight Options only want their piece of the pie that they have deserved for a long time. The management at NetJets was at this point and they took the road less traveled. I doubt if they would even consider the other path, the break employees down path, now.

You choose your way and see what it gets. I will take RTS and NJASAP anyday. We work together and it drives you crazy because your old way of thinking doesn't apply. Whatever happens at NetJets we, management and NJASAP do it together. You would be amazed at the resources you have in the pilots of Flight Options. But then again if you allowed them to work with instead of against them you wouldn't have a job.

Happy Thanksgiving

M. Williams
(I can post my name, if you can't don't bother to respond)

I can't imagine that NJ is struggling, but like the rest of the population the wild growth is no longer happening and without growth fracs will stagnate. Any stagnated company will appear to be struggling. I still believe that by the end of next year NJ will be looking at their "industry leading contract" and wondering how they are going to pay for it while the company simply maintains status quo until things turn around. That is when the furloughs will begin and the test of the new in-house union will occur.

Hey B19,
Why don't you worry about yourself and your job??

I realize you hate NJA and it's pilots, but you haven't driven FLOPS into the ground YET so don't you have something else that needs doing?

I see you are branching out with your FUD, stick to something you know about!! We don't need your hate directed at us.

Sorry your life sucks, but we can't fix it for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back