NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the funniest thing I've read today. :laugh:

I haven't worked for a company with a union for years and by coincidence, it's the longest stretch I've ever seen without the threat of a furlough or layoff.

I've seen the light.. and it's clear you would rather live with turmoil. Some people are just gluttons for punishment. :D

I guess your memory isn't that good. Your company furloughed 104 pilots last week.

I guess your memory isn't that good. Your company furloughed 104 pilots last week.

I haven't worked for a company that has furloughed pilots in over 5 years fischman. That stopped after MY last layoff and I went to a non-union company.

And doctors and lawyers.

Key point in negotiations is to try and set the bar lower. What B19 is doing is trying to reduce our self worth so that we accept less in our professional lives.

Find once single post where I have stated that a pilot should be paid less. Never, not once have I ever stated that. Go ahead, find it. There is my challenge.

It's the contract that strangles companies and takes away options, not the payroll.

A CBA is big picture stuff, the cost doesn't stop with payroll, it goes to scope, the bid process, hotels, being able to negotiate cost within the business community. Pension, health and benefits programs are locked in and financial decisions can't be made to be more cost effective. A CBA hampers the company from making good business decisions that are far above and beyond the payroll and matching government contributions that they have to make.

Never once have I stated that a pilot should make less, but I do believe that there should be fairness throughout the organization and senior leadership should have the ability to adjust to an ever changing marketplace.

A CBA prevents that.

You really crack me up.

Never once have I stated that a pilot should make less, but I do believe that there should be fairness throughout the organization

Translation: Pilots are paid to much now and pay needs to be reduced to increase profits.

senior leadership should have the ability to adjust to an ever changing marketplace.
Translation: We (management) want to pick the low hanging fruit (pilot pay) instead of cleaning up our own house and having to make decisions that affect our own careers. We will just pick easy quality of life issues that won't affect our own quality of life.

It's the contract that strangles companies and takes away options, not the payroll.
Translation: We (management) want to be able to make the changes we want so that we can cover up our lack of understanding of our own jobs.

You really crack me up.

Translation: Pilots are paid to much now and pay needs to be reduced to increase profits.

Never stated that. The challenge is for you to find the post were I did.

Translation: We (management) want to pick the low hanging fruit (pilot pay) instead of cleaning up our own house and having to make decisions that affect our own careers. We will just pick easy quality of life issues that won't affect our own quality of life.

Once again, never stated that. But if that is your understanding of it, it's no wonder the union walks on the pilot group the way they do.

Translation: We (management) want to be able to make the changes we want so that we can cover up our lack of understanding of our own jobs.

Pilots fly airplanes. If they could manage, they would become managers but most of them haven't the courage to take on things bigger than work on a flight by flight basis. Walk in their shoes before you make that statement, I'm sure you haven't.

Pilots fly airplanes. If they could manage, they would become managers but most of them haven't the courage to take on things bigger than work on a flight by flight basis. Walk in their shoes before you make that statement, I'm sure you haven't.

Oh how really wrong you are. Currently I run 3 different business and a 4th one coming online in January. So I walk in their shoes and I still throw the BS flag when i see it.

Union busters bust unions. They usually have something morally wrong with them that comes from being touched as a child, a couple of divorces and trying to lash out at the world against those that have it better than them. They justify it that they are doing it for the greater good but when they go back to their rental apartment and realize that nobody is there for them they die a little each day inside. Trying to justify that the money is worth the pain.

That's the funniest thing I've read today. :laugh:

I haven't worked for a company with a union for years and by coincidence, it's the longest stretch I've ever seen without the threat of a furlough or layoff.

Well good for you. Then why don't you concentrate on your job, or is your job to spead hate??

I don't live in turmoil; don't project your issues onto others, it is a sign of mental illness.

Oh how really wrong you are. Currently I run 3 different business and a 4th one coming online in January. So I walk in their shoes and I still throw the BS flag when i see it.

So, if the people that work for you simply came in and told you that you are going to increase their pay (thereby increasing your contribution to the goverment also), and force you to give them vacation and create work rules where they get 50% of every day off each month, (or your suppliers doubled their costs) you would just reach into your pocket and just give it to them without questioning them.

You are so full of crap you stink.

Union busters bust unions.

I'm not a union buster. anymore than you are a legitimate small business owner.

They usually have something morally wrong with them that comes from being touched as a child, a couple of divorces and trying to lash out at the world against those that have it better than them.

I think anybody that demands and blackmails their employer through the use of a union is weak, and unable to take command of their own life and career. They are like the schoolyard bully that will take everybody elses lunch money right up until somebody fights back. Morals? None. I've seen union behavior in negotiations. Have you?

They justify it that they are doing it for the greater good but when they go back to their rental apartment and realize that nobody is there for them they die a little each day inside. Trying to justify that the money is worth the pain.

Isn't that funny you should say that.

The selfish union leadership would prefer to send all their pilots to an unemployment line (and subsequently their rental apartments) rather than put together a CBA that is fair for the entire company.

Well good for you. Then why don't you concentrate on your job, or is your job to spead hate??

I don't live in turmoil; don't project your issues onto others, it is a sign of mental illness.

If you work for a union carrier, then you have either gone through union turmoil yourself or have put others through that turmoil.

Non-union companies can't enjoy that feeling that you appear to consider normal.

I'm not the one spreading hate, I'm non-union.

I haven't worked for a company that has furloughed pilots in over 5 years fischman. That stopped after MY last layoff and I went to a non-union company.

Yet another lie.

Come on man... Do you honestly think we don't realize you work for FLOPS??? How stupid do you think we are? You have yet again demonstrated your low opinion of pilots.

Latest resources

Back