• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think Glass or any other non-NJA pilots know how easy and good we have it here and how thoroughly happy most of us are working here. I wouldn't believe it til I actually applied and started 2 yrs ago.

I dreaded heading out for a simple 4 day at Comair. At NJ I don't get upset at all about starting a 6 day.. By day 5 I'm just about ready to get home, but not counting the hours like at the airlines.

Come on...you can do better than that. You are comparing apples and oranges here.

Where is it apples and oranges? In aviation, we repeatedly see unions dig their heels in and drive companies to the edge of bankruptcy or into it before they act, costing innocent employees, vendors and clients income, jobs and services.

Once again, the UAW has dug it's heels in (just like all the aviation based unions) and the bailout was stopped (which is the best thing anyway, but that's a different conversation).

Which part of $20 more per hour per employee over the competition wasn't understood?

It's not apples and oranges, it's the union way.

Huh?

B-19 Said;

In aviation, we repeatedly see unions dig their heels in and drive companies to the edge of bankruptcy or into it before they act, costing innocent employees, vendors and clients income, jobs and services.

So XOJET terminates people out of seniority (which you endorse) and Citation Shares furloughs people and what does that have to do with a union?

That points square at management.

You aren't so smart or talented? (As you said in another post)

(When you say smart, you mean like, to lazy to fly the line right?)

(When you say talent, you mean like "ass kissing" and being a "yes man" right?)

I think you have done more to organize us then we could have done ourselves.

You greedy ba$tards have tipped your hands to the whole nation.

As the UAW president says, emplyee wages amounts to about 10% of company costs. That leaves you in management responsible for the rest.

Talented and smarter.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! What a joke.

Here son, here is your Christmas present, I got it with my bonus for laying off somebody other kids dad. They won't be having much of a Christmas this year because I'm so smart and talented.

I hope for your companies sake you are correct, but I sure would not want to be in the bottom 400 or so on your senoirity list. Good luck to us all.

Ah, thanks for reminding me! Only 300 below me but it sure beats the heck out of working at RAH, even as a captain.

Where is it apples and oranges? In aviation, we repeatedly see management dig their heels in and drive companies to the edge of bankruptcy or into it before they act, costing innocent employees, vendors and clients income, jobs and services.

Once again, management has dug it's heels in (just like all the aviation based managers) and the bailout was stopped (which is the best thing anyway, but that's a different conversation).

Which part of $20 more per hour per employee over the competition wasn't understood?

It's not apples and oranges, it's the management way.

Glass,

I came from a regional which in my opinion was/is at the top of the heap. Great place to work and we offered a superior product. I came to NJA a little less than a year ago so I might be in the list...if it ever happens.

Coming to NJA was by far the best move I have ever made in my aviation career. The difference I see here is that most of our pilots...hell..most of the employees feel a sense of ownership in this company. It really speaks volumes and is a direct result of how we are treated. There will always be the ones who bitch, but they are still here so it must not be that bad.

I really am not overly concerned about furlough. Like I said, if it happens, it happens. I ALWAYS worried about Chapter 11, closing of bases, commuting, lack of rest, lack of proper meals, someone buying us....ect. I cannot put a price on the piece of mind I have now.

So...yeah...I am cool with where I am. If I do get furloughed, I will just take some mil leave. I have a plan and money in the bank..so I feel pretty good.

How about you? You happy where you are? Plan in spending the rest of career where you are? Paid well? Good benefits? Eat well on the road? Fly a nice properly maintained airplane? Traveling all over the country? I hope you are...

Where is it apples and oranges? In aviation, we repeatedly see unions dig their heels in and drive companies to the edge of bankruptcy or into it before they act, costing innocent employees, vendors and clients income, jobs and services.

Once again, the UAW has dug it's heels in (just like all the aviation based unions) and the bailout was stopped (which is the best thing anyway, but that's a different conversation).

It's not apples and oranges, it's the union way.

Exactly....you are comparing UAW to ALPA.....neither of which represents any fractionals now or ever. Apples and Oranges.

Exactly....you are comparing UAW to ALPA.....neither of which represents any fractionals now or ever. Apples and Oranges.

At least ALPA took several concessions over the years to save thier respective companies. The UAW thugs said NO to concessions and demanded that the American tax payer bail them out. Well ******************** them. Let this recession naturally weed out the weak companies, and build on the strong. The way it is supposed to be.

At least ALPA took several concessions over the years to save thier respective companies. The UAW thugs said NO to concessions and demanded that the American tax payer bail them out. Well ******************** them. Let this recession naturally weed out the weak companies, and build on the strong. The way it is supposed to be.
UAW thugs? Our GOP president realizes that losing that manufacturing base is a national security issue,the executive branch has more savvy than a few southern senators in bed with some foreign manufacturers (all politics is local I get it,even so),GM,and Ford will survive this,Chrysler probably not,for a lot of reasons. Please ,please,broaden your horizons beyond fox news,I'm not trying to flame you,but come on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back