• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAW thugs? Our GOP president realizes that losing that manufacturing base is a national security issue,the executive branch has more savvy than a few southern senators in bed with some foreign manufacturers (all politics is local I get it,even so),GM,and Ford will survive this,Chrysler probably not,for a lot of reasons. Please ,please,broaden your horizons beyond fox news,I'm not trying to flame you,but come on.

That's freaking hilarious! National Security!! Just in case Russia invades us we need to be able to move troops forward in a convoy of Chevy Malibu's and Ford Focuses. Well..at least the ones that start.

And yeah...the UAW are a bunch of thugs.

By the way...when I was still with the regionals, I was talking to a union guy about the future of ALPA and he start naming companies they were going to pursue in the name of the greater good...whatever. Anyway, he mentioned the fractionals and I about fell over laughing. He asked what was so funny. I told him the fractionals are filled with pilots that ALPA has screwed over the years and they remember way too much. It will NEVER happen...and I will be in the trenches if those thugs come around.

I like my union...they serve US!

I trust that our management will make the right business choices and if cutting back on manning is one of them, then I will accept it and hope that I will not be gone for long. I would rather be where I am on the seniority list at NJA then in the top 15% at my previous employer.

Couldn't agree with you more.

How in the tank do you have to be to make THAT statement? Ya'll running a cult over there?

No cult. It's just a good company run by good people who understand that to keep the client happy, you need to keep the employees happy. Many companies outside of aviation get this. This is the first aviation company that I've worked for that gets it. I think RTS is on a very short list of good managers in aviation.

Is it perfect?, nope, but it's as close to it as I've seen in my 13 years of getting paid to fly.

Best of luck to us all.

By the way...when I was still with the regionals, I was talking to a union guy about the future of ALPA and he start naming companies they were going to pursue in the name of the greater good...whatever. Anyway, he mentioned the fractionals and I about fell over laughing. He asked what was so funny. I told him the fractionals are filled with pilots that ALPA has screwed over the years and they remember way too much. It will NEVER happen...and I will be in the trenches if those thugs come around.

AMEN BROTHER!!! You can keep ALPO!!

Now there we are in complete agreement !

Couldn't agree with you more.

No cult. It's just a good company run by good people who understand that to keep the client happy, you need to keep the employees happy. Many companies outside of aviation get this. This is the first aviation company that I've worked for that gets it. I think RTS is on a very short list of good managers in aviation.

Is it perfect?, nope, but it's as close to it as I've seen in my 13 years of getting paid to fly.

Best of luck to us all.

While I think keeping us happy is important, I don't think its a very large part of it. There are obviously many factors. I think we have seen furloughs at frac companies for anticipated deliveries. As for NJA, we have run a hiring deficit for at least 2 yrs now. Last year they only managed to hire 50% of the amount they wanted because of availability of training slots. If we were to furlough, lets remember the fact that we have 8 a/c types. Can you imagine the training costs? Can you imagine what will happen when the economy recovers?? Training, hiring, re-training would be impossible. Furloughs here are not a short term answer. As stated by Christensen and Jacobs, we have weathered 3 recessions and never furloughed. We will weather this one, we will be leaner, stronger, and provide a product that nobody else can because of our size (we must continue to work on our customer service skills though, this is no time to be complacent). We will be ready when this recession ends to become larger, stronger than we are.

If we eventually do furlough it will be for the long term, but I suspect by that time most of the smaller companies will be on the verge of extinction or extinct. By then, we will all be in trouble. Hang in there people, save your pennies and live smart.

At least ALPA took several concessions over the years to save thier respective companies. The UAW thugs said NO to concessions and demanded that the American tax payer bail them out. Well ******************** them. Let this recession naturally weed out the weak companies, and build on the strong. The way it is supposed to be.

The only time ALPA has said "YES" to concessions was when the company was facing complete closure or there was a bankruptcy looming where the judge was going to make the decision for them.

UAW will mirror the ALPA method of doing business and will not take concessions until they are either forced to by a bankruptcy judge or the final paycheck is in sight.

If you want to consider the "Big 3" US automakers weak because they are not able to absorb the average of an additional $20. per hour per employee of wages and benefits over the cost of the other car manufacturers that's up to you, but it doesn't take a financial expert to consider that a large part ot that weakness is the high cost of labor they need to bite off rather than the others.

This also holds true in aviation, those airlines with large contracts can't be as competitive as those that don't.

Remember, that the hourly wages are nearly identical, it's the work rules and benefits that are the separating factors.

That's freaking hilarious! National Security!! Just in case Russia invades us we need to be able to move troops forward in a convoy of Chevy Malibu's and Ford Focuses. Well..at least the ones that start.

And yeah...the UAW are a bunch of thugs.

:laugh: . Thugs is right. A bunch of fat dudes on the assembly line making more than airline pilots makes me sick. There is enough cars for everyone for the next 20 freakin' years.

This also holds true in aviation, those airlines with large contracts can't be as competitive as those that don't.

Often true... So you're suggesting that the Lorenzos, Ferrises, Ornsteins, Riccis and Tiltons of the world should make windfall profits on the backs of working men and women? A real Oskar Schindler...

Oh, isn't Southwest the MOST profitable airline and the MOST Unionized -- like EVERY working group within the airline?

Last edited:
Often true... So you're suggesting that the Lorenzos, Ferrises, Ornsteins, Riccis and Tiltons of the world should make windfall profits on the backs of working men and women?

Oh, isn't Southwest the MOST profitable airline and the MOST Unionized -- like EVERY working group within the airline?

How many jobs have they saved or created? Does it really make a difference how much money they make? How many jobs has Bill Gates or Warren Buffet created or saved?

Lorenzo gets tagged with Eastern, but he also saved Continental and all the carriers that were merged into it. You think any of those pilots at CAL will give him credit for saving the company? Of course not. CAL was toast until he became involved.

Nobody remembers any of the safe and uneventful flights but they will remember the one accident even if nobody is hurt.

Everybody likes to use SWA as the model, but if the CBA is so successful, why haven't other unions copied it? Because it shares the pain as well as the gain. The next SWA won't be based on profit sharing and the union is already going away from it. Then, they will be like all the rest.

Latest resources

Back