• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Strong Union Negotiator Summary--Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got no problem with that - but interesting thing is - the company is the one that has held to the higher ground. If they wanted to play this game the way some of the pilots do they could easily take away a lot of the creature comforts and perks given to them out of "courtesy" - like no more $50/plate crew food and hotels that are adequate for a good night's rest and nothing more. There is nothing in the pilot's contract that says they are entitled to all the frequent flyer miles they get. If the company wanted to play cheap the way some pilots are doing to try to make up some of the losses - they could. But they are not. They continue to treat pilots with respect and dignity through the bargaining period. Can't say the same for the union or the attitude of those on this board. The union is not gaining any publicity points by doing it. They're just living up to the teamster reputation.

Last edited:
Man....someone is going to tear the last post to shreads...I wish I had the time to do it but my folks should be here soon....I don't want to get into the middle of it and have to quit.

time to jump in with both feet.

The food issue. 50 bucks a plate for food. You're probably right. Probably even more. Let's say 100 to feed two pilots for lunch. What the heck it's NY.

Compare the cost of that same crew wolfing down a meal while on a turn in TEB or in the cockpit of the plane to that same crew taking a crew car driving to a diner or nice restaurant and sitting down for a 2 hour meal. Remember fast food is not a substitute for a nutritious meal.

Sure take away the food. That's fine. I'll just drive to applebees and have a nice salad with an iced tea. (who am i kidding I'll end up ordering a burger and fries). The food will be hot, I'll be able to eat at a leisurely pace and will be back at the plane in about 2 hours to fire up.

Want to change the menu so all we get are chicken sandwiches, turkey sandwiches and roast beef. that's fine but know I'll only eat about 2 of those before i decide that i need some nourishment in my life.

I'm not really one to order expensive meals on the road. I end up ordering salad's and wraps. (they can be eaten while on the run and don't need to be heated) I know that you don't order a burrito out of Michigan and you don't order chicken salad out of Laredo.

So yeah go ahead and take the crew food away. I don't see it as a perk but as the company being able to keep me working. When I was in the ultra the guys there used to see me picking up an asap and order a chicken burrito. They knew i liked it, knew i missed a meal, and knew we would keep turnin and burnin because the food was in the plane.

Keep calling me a thug or some union psycho. It doesn't really matter. You make some wild assumptions and then even when we give an explanation you go on like you never read the post.

If you had read my post you would know it really wasn't about crew food.

I understand what you guys are doing and I understand why you're doing it. The only bad assumption I am making is that life should be fair for you or the company during year 4 of negotiations. It's not - and it's you guys that end up getting the short end of the stick regardless. It's not that I'm anti-union. I just despise this process because it's unfair and it doesn't work.

Oh common of course you're anti union dispatcher. Look at all the derogitory remarks you make about the union. The process is flawed but it does work. It enables everyone to work on a level playing field. We don't have guys working 18hrs while some are only working 10hrs.

Does it work for all situations. NEVER. Does it work for corporate flight departments? NOPE. Do you have to be in one to understand what fully goes on behind the scenes? YUP.

You look from the outside and say those thugs are messing with my job. It's easy to say and blame the pilots. I hate what this has done to some of my friends upstairs that no longer talk to me because "we're brining this company down."

The company is bringing the company down. Cmhtruth, troll, familyguy, dispatcher, all of you need to step back and look at what the company is pushing.

Of course my post can be percieved as union thug koolaide. Fine it's not for everyone but the company backed us into this corner.

Diesel said:
The company is bringing the company down. Cmhtruth, troll, familyguy, dispatcher, all of you need to step back and look at what the company is pushing.

Of course my post can be percieved as union thug koolaide. Fine it's not for everyone but the company backed us into this corner.

I don't like what EITHER side is doing diesel. I don't like the way it appears the company plays the CMH employees against the pilots. Like was said many times, we only get one side of the story. I support the pilot group in its quest, I just can't support STFD because I like my job. I have other skills as you do and have plenty lined up if some get their way.

I am not here to bash the union but it seems that some pilots have taken things into their own hands. Some say what is happening isn't sponsored by the union, I believe that, as the lawsuits would fly if it was. Like I said, I just don't agree with the way the pilots are making the company pay for it right now.

What happens to "profit," not "revenue," when the cost of mx goes sky high? Where do you bargain from then? Sell-off's aren't cheap either...

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Last edited:
of course you're here to bash the union. You don't even have the guts to say what you do upstairs. you post everything with the "the truth hurts". You have only a couple of posts and all of them have been bashing the union, blaming the pilots for breaking the planes and other crap.

I'd have a lot more respect for you if you actually posted if you had flight time or what you did upstairs. But you don't so you're just another troll on the message board pretending he knows something about something.

You did get one thing right though. You don't have both sides of the story.

What's your problem dispcrNJA?

Somebody rips your thread- which you happen to spin your way- to shreds and YOU GO BACK AND CHANGE YOUR TUNE??

I have one word for you: WEASEL!!

You're just a weasel who overdosed on the company kool-aid.

Sorry if you feel that your management position is threatened by a group of 2000+ unified professional pilots.

The truth is that this UNIFIED, PROFESSIONAL, and UNIONIZED PILOT GROUP is going to drag this company forward into being a mature company, and not the mom and pop operation it is.

Pilots fly airplanes, and that is what we do. It is a profession and not a hobby anymore. Get used to the revolution because there is not a frickin thing that you can do or say that will change what is happening. Tell that to all the other management moles out there, and you can take that to the bank!

The truth hurts, doesn't it

Bad Monkey! said:
Actually dispatcrNJA and TheTruth are one in the same.

Nice try I just saw the change over troll.

"You caught the Tater!"

Ron White

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back