Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gruman Fan

Congrats on forming the in-house shop to all th NJA pilots. I think this will prove to be a very positive move not only now... but for the future of NetJets Pilots as well. Even though I'm basically on the bottom at NJI, I feel more safe at NetJets than anywhere else.
  • Now, how long until the side letter is acted upon and NJA/NJI pilot groups merge?
  • Will NJI pilots be invited to join the union boards so we can discuss issues in privacy?
  • Will the NJI group have a "local council" ?
  • Will we have to send in cards to join, or will this be automatic?
  • Will we have the right to run for office at the MEC level?
  • Will we all get rid of these sorry *ss uniforms and get something more professional/comfortable/rugged?
(last question was more of a whining rant than a question)

Safe Travels...

Congrats on forming the in-house shop to all th NJA pilots. I think this will prove to be a very positive move not only now... but for the future of NetJets Pilots as well. Even though I'm basically on the bottom at NJI, I feel more safe at NetJets than anywhere else.
  • Now, how long until the side letter is acted upon and NJA/NJI pilot groups merge?
Six to 18 months
  • Will NJI pilots be invited to join the union boards so we can discuss issues in privacy?
Not until the deal is done and we become members of NJASAP
  • Will the NJI group have a "local council" ?
No
  • Will we have to send in cards to join, or will this be automatic?
No cards but since it is an agency shop, you'll have to decide whether to be a full member and pay dues or a non-member and pay an agency fee. Either way, you're paying the same. Might as well opt for full membership.
  • Will we have the right to run for office at the MEC level?
Once you're a member of NJASAP, sure.
  • Will we all get rid of these sorry *ss uniforms and get something more professional/comfortable/rugged?
Man, I hope so.

(last question was more of a whining rant than a question)

Safe Travels...

Just my guesses.

I have only been at NJA for about two years and I am a bit naive about past head butting. However, it is my hope that we will be one big company moving in the same direction. I get a sense of pride from NJI people that I have talked to, which is good. Instead of letting ego and elitism drive the "us against them" mentality, we all need to take pride in what, for all intensive purposes, is one company already. The entitlement and the "I'm better than you" pain in the asses, that are few and far between, need to be silenced before they are given traction and drive us apart. The majority of us have flown both big and small iron, and other then a few tricks and different switches, they're all the same.

In short let's get together under NJASAP, play nice, and continue to blow the roof off the joint!

Rock On! :) Let's Go!

Last edited:
I can't wait to get the I-Guys in the fold over here in consideration for Union leadership.

Fresh perspectives and new ideas are rarely a bad thing.

I am wagering that the integration will be on the order of 6-8 months.

I can't wait to get the I-Guys in the fold over here in consideration for Union leadership.

Fresh perspectives and new ideas are rarely a bad thing.

I am wagering that the integration will be on the order of 6-8 months.

I gotta agree with Flylow.....quite a few NJI guys that I have talked to are excited about the future of one big happy family(even if it might be a little disfunctional).

I would bet somewhere before the busy season in 2009. I don't see it happening until at least the 2nd quarter next year just because of the busy season from thanksgiving to spring break this year. Just my uneducated guess though.

BT

No, I meant "Intensive".

As in combining form, intensively using or requiring large amounts of energy. Like the large amount of energy that has been used to join NJA and NJI into one "combined form".

"To assume, makes an ASS out of U and ME." :laugh:

Have you guys seen any NJI FOs bid over to NJA on the Captain side (i.e., GIVSP FO bidding Ultra Capt)? Has that happened yet?

What percentage of NJI FOs will likely stay in the Gulfstream fleet and not jump over to other fleet types? Instead, would those FOs want to move from the GIVSPs to the G450, G550 etc. on the FO side?

Lastly, will NJA pilots be able to bid directly into the G450 and skip the GIVSPs if they have the required seniority or would they go to the GIVSPs first? I would assume they could bid whatever they want if they have the required seniority - right?

Latest resources

Back