• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA DONE hiring for '08 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
, and there are 1,000s of other guys out there with my same time and experience.

And that's the problem. Don't take a "no" from NJ personal or even as a sign that you aren't what we want. There are over 4000 applications on file. Some 1000+ have internal LOR's. We're only hiring 300 this year. So 70% of the guys with internal letters are going to get rejected this year.

If this is where you want to be then keep after it. I applied before the IBB and I still waited one year to get an interview. 13 months total from resume submission to IOE. Your disadvantage is that there is a larger pool of guys who want on now.

Reapply. Update. Focus on CS. Stay positive.

Again, best of luck!

Aug interview

I had a july 2nd phone interview. It took between 6-7 weeks to get a phone call from them. They called and offered me a interview in CMH the end of Aug. After this interview I got a phone call from them around the 18th of sep. She told me that they were still very interested in me, but were done hiring/interviewing for 2008. She said someone would call me every month and give me an update. She stated if i was offered a position it would be early 09.

Good luck everybody, I'll reapply when the app goes electronic.

An applicant has got to stand out as customer service oriented. In your case you would have needed something impressive to show that you have more then 5500 hours experience of walking in and turning left.

I guess this is the first time I've heard that one. I thought it was the goal of our hiring department to get the best 10% out of each catagory (mil, 121, corporate)?

I had a july 2nd phone interview. It took between 6-7 weeks to get a phone call from them. They called and offered me a interview in CMH the end of Aug. After this interview I got a phone call from them around the 18th of sep. She told me that they were still very interested in me, but were done hiring/interviewing for 2008. She said someone would call me every month and give me an update. She stated if i was offered a position it would be early 09.

You did your phone interview on the same day I did mine. I heard nothing from them for 10 weeks. I finally e-mailed them and got back a generic response that pretty much said there's a lot of people. Be patient. I don't get it. She seemed impressed with my CS background. I was not only a gate/ticket agent, but also a Flight Attendant in a former life.

You did your phone interview on the same day I did mine. I heard nothing from them for 10 weeks. I finally e-mailed them and got back a generic response that pretty much said there's a lot of people. Be patient. I don't get it. She seemed impressed with my CS background. I was not only a gate/ticket agent, but also a Flight Attendant in a former life.

Like someone else said, don't take it personal. I sound like a broken record, but in my interview class (6 months ago), our whole class of 12 was shot down! This includes 4 fractional guys (including me)!

Aren't we the top of the top when it comes to CS? Guess not.

I really dont know how they make the decisions they do. I did have a lot of internal letters from pilots and OSR peple. From what i have been told by all of them, its not about flying as much as it is customer service.

I did my phone interview August 1st, got an email saying "no thanks" almost four weeks later... if you haven't heard anything, I hope (and think) you're still in business. I just wouldn't count on working there until mid 2009.
I did my interview in Aug with the Head of training he told me he would send my interview on the the next stage but couldn't tell me when I would get interviewed maybe 2 weeks 2 months or never was his response. He told me there were a lot of pilots in Que. Dont know if this helps. I'm still waiting my buddy interview 2 week after I did and he got the Dear John email yesterday.

I did my interview in Aug with the Head of training he told me he would send my interview on the the next stage but couldn't tell me when I would get interviewed maybe 2 weeks 2 months or never was his response. He told me there were a lot of pilots in Que. Dont know if this helps. I'm still waiting my buddy interview 2 week after I did and he got the Dear John email yesterday.

real nice. I hope the market comes back soon so management doesn't see guys falling all over themselves to get hired there. (i'm guilty as charged as well)

Latest resources

Back