NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And no one has requested mediation????

We haven't finished negotiating all the sections yet. It's already known that we will go into mediation. There's no question on that. But we can't do it until every section of the CBA has been negotiated on, and reached an impasse, before we head to mediation.

I think we only have 3 or 4 large sections left, then it's off to mediation. My guess is maybe another two months before mediation. Probably about a year in mediation, then the 30-day cooling off period, then strike.

Of course, this could all be ended in weeks if the company had enough "incentive" to bargain in good faith with us.

We haven't finished negotiating all the sections yet. It's already known that we will go into mediation. There's no question on that. But we can't do it until every section of the CBA has been negotiated on, and reached an impasse, before we head to mediation.

I think we only have 3 or 4 large sections left, then it's off to mediation. My guess is maybe another two months before mediation. Probably about a year in mediation, then the 30-day cooling off period, then strike.

Of course, this could all be ended in weeks if the company had enough "incentive" to bargain in good faith with us.

Wow, faster process than most of the guys I fly with think. They are saying several more years until we vote. One thought: if the company is dragging out negotiations, it hopefully is because it realizes they WILL NOT be able to give us a pay and benefit cut, or else they would want to submit a lower deal to us as soon as possible. In other words, they are delaying because they will eventually be paying us more. Maybe.

Wow, faster process than most of the guys I fly with think. They are saying several more years until we vote. One thought: if the company is dragging out negotiations, it hopefully is because it realizes they WILL NOT be able to give us a pay and benefit cut, or else they would want to submit a lower deal to us as soon as possible. In other words, they are delaying because they will eventually be paying us more. Maybe.

Hahaaa why would they pay us more? When they know they have weak pilots like yourself not willing to put in 100 percent.

Doesn't matter anyway. Apparently the contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Only the intent matters. Hope you have the Cliff notes/Interpretive transcripts/negotiator's opinion Sanskrit. That's apparently what really matters.

Doesn't matter anyway. Apparently the contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Only the intent matters. Hope you have the Cliff notes/Interpretive transcripts/negotiator's opinion Sanskrit. That's apparently what really matters.

That's why we are doing a line by line negotiation, much to the company's chagrin.

That's why we are doing a line by line negotiation, much to the company's chagrin.

Bingo!!!! But boys like G4 think we are dragging it out for no reason. Doesn't matter what he and his ilk believe anyway, because they only believe what's best for THEMSELVES is what matters most.

This tool bag is now saying it will be years before a TA is offered, he'd be 100% correct if those same spineless folks he sucks face with were really what matters. The reality is the MAJORITY here will provide the required leverage, LONG before his little group even understands we were negotiating anything. By that time they may find themselves screaming because they don't like the FINAL outcome and how his little protected group, finds those protections have completely evaporated because they refused to fight.....

Bingo!!!! But boys like G4 think we are dragging it out for no reason. Doesn't matter what he and his ilk believe anyway, because they only believe what's best for THEMSELVES is what matters most.

This tool bag is now saying it will be years before a TA is offered, he'd be 100% correct if those same spineless folks he sucks face with were really what matters. The reality is the MAJORITY here will provide the required leverage, LONG before his little group even understands we were negotiating anything. By that time they may find themselves screaming because they don't like the FINAL outcome and how his little protected group, finds those protections have completely evaporated because they refused to fight.....

Regarding how many years we have to go, I was just quoting colleagues who pay attention to union stuff and who have experience being a member during negotiations.

Regarding how many years we have to go, I was just quoting colleagues who pay attention to union stuff and who have experience being a member during negotiations.

So are you saying that you don't pay attention to union stuff?

So are they hiring for attrition or growth? 200 a year + for a few years?

Latest resources

Back