• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA 1st QTR Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gee I wonder if we are still paying Flightsafety the same amount this quarter as in the past. All this money goes into one pot. Netjets nears negotiations lets play with the numbers. Flightsafety your doing wonderful work.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

As an Avantair guy I can say when you're not a BH company FSI plays hardball at the negotiation table. Maybe they do with NJ too, I don't know. Food for thought.

As an Avantair guy I can say when you're not a BH company FSI plays hardball at the negotiation table. Maybe they do with NJ too, I don't know. Food for thought.

Every good business is run this way. Pricing to the point that people are about to walk away and they lose business.

For those with a higher financial knowledge than myself.....

Is anyone of the opinion that without those one time charges (especially for the a/c cancellations) NJA may have actually been somewhat profitable for the quarter.....Say maybe $20-30 million??

I know it's all accounting magic and all..... but I wonder if this place was really really not profitable WB probably would have either dumped it or would be getting ready to?? And that doesn't seem to be happening so.....??

But if averaged out over 4 quarters it "could" be close to $100million for the year...

Probably not Berkshire type numbers but still profitable none the less.......Maybe good considering the economic climate?

What were the reported profits of NJA in '07?

IMO as long as this place remains profitable there is still a glimmer of hope....I read an article in which Sokol elludes to the fact that Santulli screwed up when he took growth over profits (ie: focused more on spending $$ on new a/c rather than what the profit margin was)

That there tells me that the 10 year plan is to remain profitable at the expense of growth. Basically not to overextend themselves with a/c purchases unless there is a definite need and profit behind it...

Only question I have is can the company survive without expecting atleast some form of consistant growth??

and you would believe anything this man has said???

after the facts have come out I can't see why or how anyone could blame RTS.

Sokol has publicly proven himself to be an unethical, untrustworthy person and anything he has stated should be disregarded.

Probably mistated my post...sorry about that...

I would really really really like RTS to come back/ buy NJA back...Hate Sokol with a passion.... Met him in Jackson right before the furloughs, he had the guts to shake our hands and say how great we were blah, blah, blah...

I'm just thinking out loud that even modest profits, in this economic climate, could be viewed as somewhat positive....Even if those numbers can be skewed in 22 different ways.

I read an old thread here from around 2007, right after a nice order for Cessna'a was made. In those posts there is ALOT of talk about how those orders were just replacements for older a/c.....Much the same as we have occurring with the Globals and 300's...I'm trying to put 2 & 2 together to get a better idea of how the Globals and Phenom's will effect the current # of aircraft on property....Seems that the current orders and disposals is not all that much different from past orders and disposals....With the exception of how the Union perceives these orders..

It's all very confusing to see any difference.....Plus NJA didn't cancel every order it had, so I am curious what, if any, order still remains? Sovereign, Falcon?????

The number of a/c on property, the number of pilots, supposed future growth mentioned from the company at random recurrents, the thought that they haven't furloughed even though they are "supposedly" overstaffed, pilots saying they're flying their butts off, no sales figures, cloak and dagger management tactics,.....none of it adds up to anything that can be deemed as substantial evidence of the prospering or demise of NJA. We're in a vacuum floating for the time being......

All we know is that there has been a whole lot of talk with no action....

Latest resources

Back