• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA 1st QTR Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see that no one wanted to touch this. I figured that.

IBB was a total CRAP SANDWICH

Just go ahead and admit that right now.

IBB may have elevated us to crap, but we were all wading is juicy blue room crap prior to that.

You can't get it all at once.

Section 6 will return.

IBB was a total CRAP SANDWICH

Just go ahead and admit that right now.

I'll touch it.

My pay went up 45%. I got the ability to bid an 18-day fixed schedule (vs. the old reserve schedule). I got 20 times the basing choices and the ability to switch bases without finding someone in my fleet/seat willing to swap (as was the case under the 05 contract). All after-midnights pay double (even if "realistically scheduled"). And so on.

You may not have seen the benefit many of us did, but it wasn't a "crap sandwich" by any stretch of the imagination.

Funny thing is

IBB was rushed. SIC's could have received better pay and bennies without all the negatives if we would have just voted IBB down and been patient for another better contract.

Fortunately the vast majority of NJA pilots don't agree with you. If IBB hadn't passed, we be in section 6 about now, right? Yeah, good luck getting that huge raise now.

Fortunately the vast majority of NJA pilots don't agree with you. If IBB hadn't passed, we be in section 6 about now, right? Yeah, good luck getting that huge raise now.

Thats total BS

IBB was rushed. If it was done properly the problem areas would have been fixed without giving up the kitchen sink in other areas.

but you people that thought IBB was great have to live with the BS now. I voted no and I will laugh at you now when you complain about it. You voted for it and you got it now. So live with it.

Disagree..Strongly disagree...

If NJASAP were to enter negotiations in 2010 (or whenever the 2005 CBA was up) the pilots would be eating a crap sandwhich right now..You think the current union busting propoganda is bad now....Imagine how much the company would be crying poor if they entered negotiations after the worst market disaster since the Great Depression.....

IBB 2007 not only made NJA affordable for almost half the seniority list, it also righted a few wrongs done by the "yes" votes for the 2005 CBS..Namely a "B" scale basing system... After IBB that basing scale went to atleast a high B+ or A-......

2005 CBA was deemed a victory for the pilot group..(I know I was reminded of it weekly) but there were and still are many improvements which can be made, luckily IBB attempted to rectify some of those...

You voted for it and you got it now. So live with it.

I was happily living with it (and so were the captains I was flying with) until I got furloughed. What's the biggest thing you whine about now, the fatigue report?

If NJASAP were to enter negotiations in 2010 (or whenever the 2005 CBA was up) the pilots would be eating a crap sandwhich right now.

Had IBB not passed, it was made clear by both sides that we'd simply wait until the next Section 6 to resume negotiations. Well, the 2005 contract's amendable date was November 21, 2010 -- firmly in the regime of that slimeball Sokol, and well into our furlough. He'd have dragged out the negotiations for years, leaving us at 2005 pay and basing, and undoubtedly using our furloughees as hostages (and threatening more).

Assuming it got done by 2013, an FO here would be over $75,000 behind, with many driving several hours to get to work. (In my case, right past a busy international airport.)

I'd rather we enter Section 6 where we are now, than where we were in 2007.

Well

If you believe that was the last and final chance for a contract in IBB then I guess you would have botched the 05 deal. That took patience.

Why do you think we were told this is the last and final deal?

Nieve. Very Nieve.

Latest resources

Back