NJ - Which a/c go to Hawaii?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
Can't be very cost effective to regularly fly G-IV owners in the BBJ. Sounds like fun to start at 27K a year as well. Of course, what do I know.
I wonder what the senior BBJ guys think of the current state of labor relations. Are they worried?

bbj f/o pay is percent of capt pay, based on years of seniority w/company - totally different scale.

it's actually about the same hourly for a bbj and a g4 - at least the way ours are charged out. if we do a g4 or f2000 trip, we actually make a little money. now if mgt would get their butts in gear and work on lowering cost (eliminate waste actually) we'd do even better. but at netjets, it's not who you know, it's who can waste more $$$$!!!

sometimes a bbj is subbed for a smaller plane just to the bbj moved to where a bbj trip starts - instead of ferrying it empty we get some revenue that way. for example, today's trip fills in for a broken g4 and also moves the bbj to where a bbj trip starts on tues.

sorry forgot the other part of your question - labor relations. the bbj pilots are split probably 50/50 - of the 300 yes votes - proably 10 (half the bbj force) came from the bbj. we have one guy that actually worked 67 extra days last year - and he brags about it among other things. there are probably half hard-core union guys, and half ass-kissers doing whatever mgt wants including breaking rest, longer duty days, etc.

bizjet737 said:
sometimes a bbj is subbed for a smaller plane just to the bbj moved to where a bbj trip starts - instead of ferrying it empty we get some revenue that way. for example, today's trip fills in for a broken g4 and also moves the bbj to where a bbj trip starts on tues.

Sounds logical- simple economies of scale.

bizjet737 said:
. we have one guy that actually worked 67 extra days last year - and he brags about it among other things.

I would hope as pilot group you all thoughly ignore this jack-ass on the road and encourage the F/A to piss in his coffee. Hopefully he will get the message.

[QUOTE but at netjets, it's not who you know, it's who can waste more $$$$!!!

[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's the same in Europe !

G100driver said:
I would hope as pilot group you all thoughly ignore this jack-ass on the road and encourage the F/A to piss in his coffee. Hopefully he will get the message.

he only has a couple of friends left (doing the same thing as him, of course) - everyone knows who they are.

G100driver said:

Why is it a bad thing that someone did some extra flying? At $1400 a day I'd be picking up every single flight I could!!!

Groundpounder said:
Why is it a bad thing that someone did some extra flying? At $1400 a day I'd be picking up every single flight I could!!!

One day when you have all your ratings you will realize it is not all about you, but the entire group of professionals prospering. I am sure the current RJ carriers will be anxiously awaiting your up and coming resume.

Latest resources

Back