• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ - Which a/c go to Hawaii?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's bad because not everyone has that same opportunity. he's on the "A" team and gets what he wants (for now). there are several guys that would love to get more extended days, but mgt won't let them because this guy (and a couple others) get most of them.

bizjet737 said:
it's bad because not everyone has that same opportunity. he's on the "A" team and gets what he wants (for now). there are several guys that would love to get more extended days, but mgt won't let them because this guy (and a couple others) get most of them.

Well, thats not a good thing if everyone doesn't have the same opportunity. Good thing you send that union a check every month!!!

Groundpounder said:
Well, thats not a good thing if everyone doesn't have the same opportunity. Good thing you send that union a check every month!!!

The union cannot control the A-hole who's montra is:

"hurray for me F%$K YOU."

The problem is not the union, but the 10% out there who only are concerned about themselves and not the pilot group as a whole. That is why you make sure that guys like this have no respect among there peers.

G100driver said:
The union cannot control the A-hole who's montra is:

"hurray for me F%$K YOU."

The problem is not the union, but the 10% out there who only are concerned about themselves and not the pilot group as a whole. That is why you make sure that guys like this have no respect among there peers.

Why does one person working all the overtime they can get affect the 'pilot group' in a negative way?

Oh and don't give me the "you aren't a 'real' pilot, you don't understand" answer.

i dont' get why NetJets is going to waste money trying to find 2 used BBJ's. just go the extra mile, buy an A380, and make it the ultimate private jet!!! "and downstairs we have the bowling alley, workout facilities, indoor go-cart track, and..."

Groundpounder said:
Why does one person working all the overtime they can get affect the 'pilot group' in a negative way?

Oh and don't give me the "you aren't a 'real' pilot, you don't understand" answer.

sigh .... It is a little hard to bring the QOL for the group when a small percentage guys are not giving management a reason to raise wages for the whole group. Only people with no lives or families that hate them want to work an additonal 67 days a month to make an industry standard wage while working a full 1/4 more each year. This means the rest of the group is getting hosed ... AND they are being denied the ability to work OT by management to boot. Classic conquer and divide.

Good luck. I worked line for years and all I wanted to do was fly. I am sure that it will happen for you, just be careful not to step on people on the way.

cforst513 said:
i dont' get why NetJets is going to waste money trying to find 2 used BBJ's. just go the extra mile, buy an A380, and make it the ultimate private jet!!! "and downstairs we have the bowling alley, workout facilities, indoor go-cart track, and..."

it's bad enuf the bbj has to fly multiple customers on each flight to make up for the lack of lift. i guess if we had the a380 we could load up everyone in ewr, head to pit, ord, stl, mci, den, slc, sea, pdx, sfo, lax, las, phx, dal, etc and pick up/drop off pax along the way - could cover everyone with two planes, one clock-wise, one counter-clockwise.

G100driver said:
I would hope as pilot group you all thoughly ignore this jack-ass on the road and encourage the F/A to piss in his coffee. Hopefully he will get the message.

Last edited:
G100driver said:
sigh .... It is a little hard to bring the QOL for the group when a small percentage guys are not giving management a reason to raise wages for the whole group. Only people with no lives or families that hate them want to work an additonal 67 days a month to make an industry standard wage while working a full 1/4 more each year. This means the rest of the group is getting hosed ... AND they are being denied the ability to work OT by management to boot. Classic conquer and divide.

Good luck. I worked line for years and all I wanted to do was fly. I am sure that it will happen for you, just be careful not to step on people on the way.

Good to see that a line guy made it. Anyway.....

OK, I can see why that guy is ruining things. Give him a blanket party. But why doesn't the union regulate who gets the OT?

Latest resources

Back