• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Typical Tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having an internal recommendation does seem to speed up the process, but plenty of people also see results in a timely fashion without a rec. However, when pursuing a job, it never hurts to have the deck stacked in your favor.

As for meeting NJA crews, go to any FBO and look for the guys and gals in the, um, "spiffy" gold ties with blue slacks. Most of us are pretty friendly and would be happy to talk with you about the company and the job itself.

Good luck to you.

I'll second that. When I was interviewing, I pulled over just about every guy in a gold tie I saw walking through the terminal, not to mention the ones on my plane. I flew a guy up to MSP a while back and he was kind enough to stay and talk with me for 30 minutes after we blocked in to answer all my questions even though he was headed home. I was pretty impressed by that.

I also had an internal rec, and I can say that it certainly did help me get the ball rolling. BUT I was the only one in the interview that had one. So I guess it could go either way.

Last edited:
Thanks again to everybody for their input. I will be introducing myself any chance I get. Good luck to all of you.

When you meet someone in a gold tie, be sure to mention to FlightInfo and get a free gift!

Just kidding.

Good luck to you, too.

someone has spent to much time in the sun in Hailey, Idaho!

"2" much time indeed.

Do they have any Mexican restaurants or good sandwich shops in SUN?

Latest resources

Back