• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Typical Tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for meeting NJA crews, go to any FBO and look for the guys and gals in the, um, "spiffy" gold ties with blue slacks. Most of us are pretty friendly and would be happy to talk with you about the company and the job itself.
Good luck to you.[/quote]

Yesterday I could see on Flightaware that a crew was coming into PTK. I tried to time it so I would be there after they were done taking care of their passengers, but they must have dropped off and did a quick turn. Later on flightaware I saw they indeed turned and burned to CMH. I'll try again soon!

Last edited:
So you bring a guitar with you? I was thinkin about that too, but im not sure i wanna lug around my 5 string... Where do ya put it?

I've got one of the little Traveler Speedsters and it fits nicely in the back of the cabin. Plus it's pretty easy to travel with on the airlines as opposed to a full-size instrument.

Or eating salty snacks while the other guy has adult beverages.... :beer:

Well, one of us has to drive! :D

Yesterday I could see on Flightaware that a crew was coming into PTK. I tried to time it so I would be there after they were done taking care of their passengers, but they must have dropped off and did a quick turn. Later on flightaware I saw they indeed turned and burned to CMH. I'll try again soon!

Keep trying - those quick turns aren't something that we do all that often. Usually we tend to have about an hour on the ground, barring that it's a fuel stop or going home on the last day of a tour.

[/quote]Yesterday I could see on Flightaware that a crew was coming into PTK. I tried to time it so I would be there after they were done taking care of their passengers, but they must have dropped off and did a quick turn. Later on flightaware I saw they indeed turned and burned to CMH. I'll try again soon![/quote]

Turn and burn, indeed. It was day 7 for us and CMH was the end of the line.

Sorry we missed you.

After Company recurrent a few eeks ago I'm guessing there is going to be more of a push towards those who appear to be willing to provide customer service.

It was mentioned that owner excellence is going to be taught very soon during indoc and an abridged version during company recurrent.

It seems that one of the many drawbacks of the Domicile system is that a number of people were hired who had no real experience in dealing with owners and their needs. Some people may have received the job offer based more on their willing to report to a domicile then for their willingness to provide quality owner services.

These were the senitments expressed by the several groups of managers that spoke to us.

Were any of them from HR? If not, someone was just slinging bullsh!t. The interview had plenty of what-ifs and how-would-you-handlde-x situations. The same people are doing the interviews on a regular basis and know what they are doing. You don't need a part 91 background to understand customer service. Hiring is not the problem, its retention. There are plenty of qualified applicants and new hires. The company knows exactly what it needs to do to keep the quality FOs.

"2" much time indeed.

Do they have any Mexican restaurants or good sandwich shops in SUN?
I had the carne asada, it was good @ SUN... not great but good. Mario's outside the loop on Fredricksburg RD. in San Antonio has the best.

HTML:
Later on flightaware I saw they indeed turned and burned to CMH. I'll try again soon!

Turn and burn, indeed. It was day 7 for us and CMH was the end of the line. 

Sorry we missed you.[/quote]

Hopefully I'll catch you next time or I'll see you somewhere else on the road. Thanks

Latest resources

Back