• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Typical Tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must be a blast to be with for seven days.

I like to think so. Just finished a great tour. Long overnights, with plenty of time for refreshments. Great downtown locations. Lots of "scenery". And lots of laughs watching my captain getting trying to get some action. (since I am married, I dont fool around, but like to watch others try).

Had a great time. Look forward to flying with him again soon.

I'll help out Fischman here.

If you extend and assuming that you are talking about the normal (7 on/7 off) schedule, the start day of your next tour wouldn't be shifted. As was previously noted, the only time start and end days of a tour are shifted is for training. By the way, 9 days would be a heck of a long tour. If one extends, it's usually just for one day. And by the way, on the normal schedule, you are limited to only 3 paid extended days per quarter - any extended days over 3 are simply comped with "off" days.

As for basing, you are correct to note that nothing has changed yet relative to the dumb-a-cile program. However, even under the current system, there is no requirement for you to live with within a certain distance of that dumb-a-cile: the company only cares that you are at your show location at the assigned show time on day one of your tour. I doubt that would change in the future either.

As for the interview, just be relaxed, know Parts 91 and 135 and read over the usual gouge sites. The interview was very relaxed in my opinion and the sim ride is very straight-forward.

Good luck to you.

What he said..:beer:

I would assume then if you extend your tour and work 9 days for the extra $ and/or to help out the company you are off for 5 days before your next tour? If home basing is in the near future at NJ, how close would you have to live near an airport and what might the qualifier be regarding flights out of that airport? What would you recommend and applicant do to enhance his/her chances of a successful interview resulting in a job offer? I think maybe I got lucky and beat the rush. I sent my application package in a few weeks ago.

As far as the interview goes, shine you shoes, iron your shirt, wear a conservative tie, and be yourself. Respect and charm go a long way.

I think you have a 121 background? The hardest thing for me to get used to was the way money is thrown around. At the airline, we used to do whatever it took to save a penny. At NetJets, we will spend whatever it takes to make the owners happy. LITERALLY $1000s of dollars.

Be able think outside of the box in order to get the mission done. For example: Lets say that you don't have the numbers to take off with the required fuel and payload out of ASE to go to TEB. What other options are there? Can you take just enough fuel to get to DEN, refuel, and continue the mission from there? Is there another crew in DEN, RIF, or anywhere close doing hot spare that is in a different fleet that can successfully do the mission? If so, can we get a limo to take the owners to that plane? Maybe we can get that plane to ASE? Maybe we can get a bottle of the owners favorite wine, whisky, etc. at the plane for the inconvience?

See where I'm going? NetJets offers first class experiences, not just flights from A to B.

Also, if you are unsure, ALWAYS side with safety.

Good luck

After Company recurrent a few eeks ago I'm guessing there is going to be more of a push towards those who appear to be willing to provide customer service.

It was mentioned that owner excellence is going to be taught very soon during indoc and an abridged version during company recurrent.

It seems that one of the many drawbacks of the Domicile system is that a number of people were hired who had no real experience in dealing with owners and their needs. Some people may have received the job offer based more on their willing to report to a domicile then for their willingness to provide quality owner services.

These were the senitments expressed by the several groups of managers that spoke to us.

I actually have a 135 background. I appreciate everybodys help and hopefully sometime within the next year I'll be joining you. I really feel that NJ will be a good compliment to my mission in life. As for internal recomendations, how much does it help to speed up the interview and hiring process? How would you recommend meeting and getting to know any of you guys? Thanks again for all the input.

As for internal recomendations, how much does it help to speed up the interview and hiring process? How would you recommend meeting and getting to know any of you guys? Thanks again for all the input.

Having an internal recommendation does seem to speed up the process, but plenty of people also see results in a timely fashion without a rec. However, when pursuing a job, it never hurts to have the deck stacked in your favor.

As for meeting NJA crews, go to any FBO and look for the guys and gals in the, um, "spiffy" gold ties with blue slacks. Most of us are pretty friendly and would be happy to talk with you about the company and the job itself.

Good luck to you.

I actually have a 135 background. I appreciate everybodys help and hopefully sometime within the next year I'll be joining you. I really feel that NJ will be a good compliment to my mission in life. As for internal recomendations, how much does it help to speed up the interview and hiring process? How would you recommend meeting and getting to know any of you guys? Thanks again for all the input.

Where do you live? I'm sure there are many NJ pilots that would take you up on a free beverage in trade for a letter of rec, if you are a reasonably likeable guy. If that doesn't work, hanging around any fbo in the country would probably do the trick.

Where do you live? I'm sure there are many NJ pilots that would take you up on a free beverage in trade for a letter of rec, if you are a reasonably likeable guy. If that doesn't work, hanging around any fbo in the country would probably do the trick.

Anytime any of you guys/gals are at PTK send me an email I'd be happy to come meet you somewhere and buy you one or two of your favorite beverage!

Internal recommendations are taken very seriously.

I like cheap beer, 12 year old scotch, and fine cognac.:laugh:

If you want to meet some NJA guys and make some friends, go to the FBO and look for the gold tie coming of the QS tail.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back