NJ Typical Tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawk2wp

I know nothing is typical on a tour, but what day of the week does a tour start? end? Does it change? Can you trade weeks on/off? Can you work 14 on 14 off?

I know nothing is typical on a tour, but what day of the week does a tour start? end? Does it change? Can you trade weeks on/off? Can you work 14 on 14 off?

The start days depend on the fleet you are assigned. Each fleet has different start days to bid for. The tour ends after 7 days. For example, if your tour starts on Tuesday, you'll be home the following Monday.

The only way for your days to change is for training. The schedulers have to inform you by the 15th of the month prior and they can only slide your tour by 4 days.

You can not trade your duty days.

You can not work 14 on and 14 off. It is 7 on and 7 off.

Hope that helps.

[You can not trade your duty days.

You can not work 14 on and 14 off. It is 7 on and 7 off.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

It does. Thank You Fishchman.
I would assume then if you extend your tour and work 9 days for the extra $ and/or to help out the company you are off for 5 days before your next tour? If home basing is in the near future at NJ, how close would you have to live near an airport and what might the qualifier be regarding flights out of that airport? What would you recommend and applicant do to enhance his/her chances of a successful interview resulting in a job offer? I think maybe I got lucky and beat the rush. I sent my application package in a few weeks ago.

It does. Thank You Fishchman.
I would assume then if you extend your tour and work 9 days for the extra $ and/or to help out the company you are off for 5 days before your next tour? If home basing is in the near future at NJ, how close would you have to live near an airport and what might the qualifier be regarding flights out of that airport? What would you recommend and applicant do to enhance his/her chances of a successful interview resulting in a job offer? I think maybe I got lucky and beat the rush. I sent my application package in a few weeks ago.

I'll help out Fischman here.

If you extend and assuming that you are talking about the normal (7 on/7 off) schedule, the start day of your next tour wouldn't be shifted. As was previously noted, the only time start and end days of a tour are shifted is for training. By the way, 9 days would be a heck of a long tour. If one extends, it's usually just for one day. And by the way, on the normal schedule, you are limited to only 3 paid extended days per quarter - any extended days over 3 are simply comped with "off" days.

As for basing, you are correct to note that nothing has changed yet relative to the dumb-a-cile program. However, even under the current system, there is no requirement for you to live with within a certain distance of that dumb-a-cile: the company only cares that you are at your show location at the assigned show time on day one of your tour. I doubt that would change in the future either.

As for the interview, just be relaxed, know Parts 91 and 135 and read over the usual gouge sites. The interview was very relaxed in my opinion and the sim ride is very straight-forward.

Good luck to you.

As we have already established, there is no such thing as a "typical tour".

Every tour is different.

One week you will listen to a captain talk about how this job sucked before the contract. As you bitch about making $40,000, he will tell you that you are making as much as he used to make as a captain. Then you ask him "if it sucked so much, why did you stay at Netjets?" He will tell you that he "saw that this was the place to be". In other words, these guys werent hirable.

Then the next week, you will fly with a guy that tells you "you know, between my wife and me, we are making a quarter million a year." Then 10 minutes later, he will ask if you a couple of dollars for a tip.

As you can see, there is no "typical tour".

Question from a Flight Attendant.....

At NJ when you are on your 7 days, are you w/ the same F/A (if you fly a large cabin a/c) or does it change? And during those 7 days do you ever have a nite back at home? ie, in that evening and back out in the morning? Or are all the overnites always away?

I am asking because I see they are accepting resumes for Flight Attendants and I am sending mine in.

Thanks!

ladi

As we have already established, there is no such thing as a "typical tour".

Every tour is different.

One week you will listen to a captain talk about how this job sucked before the contract. As you bitch about making $40,000, he will tell you that you are making as much as he used to make as a captain. Then you ask him "if it sucked so much, why did you stay at Netjets?" He will tell you that he "saw that this was the place to be". In other words, these guys werent hirable.

Then the next week, you will fly with a guy that tells you "you know, between my wife and me, we are making a quarter million a year." Then 10 minutes later, he will ask if you a couple of dollars for a tip.

As you can see, there is no "typical tour".

You must be a blast to be with for seven days.

Question from a Flight Attendant.....

Thanks!

ladi

I am not an FA and I dont fly with them here at NJs. However, I am guessing the schedules are just like ours. If all three crews are 7/7, most likely you will stay with the same crew for the 7 days. If you are on the reserve schedule, you might change crews.

The only way you will go home during a tour, is if your overnight is in your home city. In my time here at NJs, I have had only one opportunity to go home during the week.

Latest resources

Back